Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yes, definitely turning off/on messes with something. I removed the code for off and it works.
can you set the brightness to 1? that would be ok too

and maybe a way to set the brightness for each bulb in the ambilight? this thing is too bright Big Grin

thanks
IMHO brightness of 1 is too bright when it is black Smile
agreed but unless you have a solution to turn the bulb back on after black, we are going to see a wrong color when there is black on the screen
I can erase the code for turning off as a temporary solution, we'll see if I come up with something. It used to work, I'm 100% sure because there are several "blacks" in my test video Smile
I have found something on net, I keep getting:

[Errno 10053] An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine

or

[Errno 32] Broken pipe

"This is an issue with the Python 2 implementation of the SocketServer module, it is not present in Python 3 (where the server keeps on serving)."

and

"It's a PIPE error, which occurs if the server responds to a request and the client has already closed the connection."

Will have to examine Smile So my logic is not flawed Smile

Now that I think of it, It started happening ONLY after I updated firmware of the bulbs.... I am 100% sure it used to work, and I didn't change anything in Ambi code lately.... last change with Ambi code was in v2.5....
i upgraded the firmware as soon as i took the bulbs out of their boxes.... so i don't know.
it is a stupid "bug" because it automatically makes it useless. wish i could help you more
OK, I have confirmation from Yeelight staff that the firmware introduced this change, that's why it broke up:

http://forum.yeelight.com/t/firmware-1-4-1-52/1510/8

Quote:Guys, have there been changes in music mode in new firmware update? I have noticed a bug in my app that wasn't there before and started after I upgraded firware on color bulb and LED stripe.

I turn on music mode and run tcp server, issue commands to tue bulb.

When I turn the bulb OFF, it terminates the TCP connection. I am sure that before, I could turn the bulb off and back on and the music mode would remain and it would continue functioning.

Were any changes?

Quote:Yes, this is introduced by the new firmware but it is a behavior change per design. The old behavior, where the music mode was kept silently on when bulb is turned off, was somewhat counterintuitive. Resources (restricted and precious) are unreleased while bulb is switched off, or released ungracefully when the phone wanders out of the LAN network. That's why we took it a defect and fixed it.
v3.0
- Temporary fix for new bulb firmware, no bulb off

Please try and let me know if it works.
i can confirm that it is now working all the time.

i don't know if i should be thanking yeelight staff for their firmware update or not......

i saw that you are planning to reopen the connection as a fix. that would be great.

i have been doing more testing on the ambilight (thanks for that, you rock. i will try to make a small donation as soon as possible).

i have a suggestion to make the "experience" better for future improvements...

i would like to have an option where i could set each bulb's brightness in ambilight during hours.

for example....
during the day from 8am to 5am (let's say) i would like the brightness of bulb 1 to be at 100% in the ambilight mode.
during the night from 5am to 7am (let's say) i would like the brightness of bulb 1 to be at 40% in the ambilight mode.
i was trying to watch a movie last night with all lights off to test it, and the brightness was killing my eyes Smile

thanks again for that awesome plugin DaLanik. i always wanted an ambilight for my home theater but the cost was too high for my taste.
thanks to you that's solved.

hopefully i can make a video during the weekend with my setup.
Then I was right, the new firmware is the issue here Smile

I hope You can fix it Smile
(2017-07-12, 12:17)TeDeV Wrote: [ -> ]i can confirm that it is now working all the time.

Good! I made that change while at work so I couldn't test it Smile

(2017-07-12, 12:17)TeDeV Wrote: [ -> ]i would like to have an option where i could set each bulb's brightness in ambilight during hours.

for example....
during the day from 8am to 5am (let's say) i would like the brightness of bulb 1 to be at 100% in the ambilight mode.
during the night from 5am to 7am (let's say) i would like the brightness of bulb 1 to be at 40% in the ambilight mode.
i was trying to watch a movie last night with all lights off to test it, and the brightness was killing my eyes Smile

Yes, I understand. Definitely set the maximum brightness, doing it by hour is a bit more complex, might take me some time Wink But doing it by BULB is a definite no-no Smile

(2017-07-12, 12:17)TeDeV Wrote: [ -> ]hopefully i can make a video during the weekend with my setup.

Looking forward! Smile
(2017-07-12, 12:48)DaLanik Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I understand. Definitely set the maximum brightness, doing it by hour is a bit more complex, might take me some time Wink But doing it by BULB is a definite no-no Smile

what i would do is take the time at the moment that the movie starts (no need to check the time every time) and then keep the corresponding variables for the brightness at that time range.

so.... that way we set the brightness once for each bulb at the start of the movie and we are set Smile
I don't know, brightness really has impact on this, if you set bulb to 40% i.e. and you have a really dark scene it would be too bright. I'd prefer the option to set MAXIMUM brightness for all bulbs, even maybee according to time, i.e. have day, dusk, night, dawn etc setting... and even that would be pretty complicated Smile
Hi,
first of all: This add-on is simply GREAT! Yesterday night I used it extensively - it is simply impressive. Just one thing: The issue with the brightness, the brightness is too high.
Perhaps I have a misunderstanding. There is an option to set the level of brightness but this does actually not affect the brightness. What am I missing?
Nevertheless: Great!