Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Newbie help- how to exit library mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm new to this and It seems like this should be an easy fix but when I just got my fire stick with kodi already installed it started with the movie choices and such and now it goes straight to the library and I can't exit it. Help please!!!
backspace, escape?
(2017-04-26, 19:17)Natvik Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I'm new to this and It seems like this should be an easy fix but when I just got my fire stick with kodi already installed it started with the movie choices and such and now it goes straight to the library and I can't exit it. Help please!!!

Just some friendly advice, since your fire stick came preloaded with Kodi, you may want to remove it completely and start with a fresh, clean install from this site. Most preloaded devices are chalk full of banned add-ons that will not garner you any support on this forum. As far as exiting the library, the back button on your fire remote should take you out to the Kodi home menu.
I'm am also having this problem. I can't back out of the library and it loads straight to it?
(2017-04-26, 21:38)User 325245 Wrote: [ -> ]backspace, escape? No, frozen, could do nothing. Just unstalled, but have another problem. When I get to where I need chef wizard to finish setting kodi, it is not there. Cannot find in ANY add on programs, or anywhere. Do a search, nothing! Any help here? And thanks 325245 fir your input. Greatly appreciated!
Kodi doesn't need any kind of "wizard" or suchlike to set it up.

Indeed from what we have seen over the years, all that kind of stuff is inevitably linked with banned addons (wiki) and suchlike that we are rather allergic to around here and want nothing to do with.

If you want details of how to set it up properly, look on the wiki. There are some useful links in my sig below to get started.