Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

I just bought a Minix Neo U1 and started using it. Last night I tried to setup the latest Kodi which is 17.1.

I would like to highlight Minix doesn't include any Addons pre-loaded with the Kodi. My previous thread was taken because apparently I'm not allowed to discuss about the 3rd party Addons. Sorry for that and I have updated my post again. Hopefully this time I'm not violating any forum rules.

1) No/Very Low Sound while playing movies

I tried to play some Videos. I can play it very fine, but sound is very low. I set the Maximum Volume in the TV still barely hear anything.

I tried the Settings -> Audio & Subtitle Settings and noticed the Following...

Quote: Volume - 0.0 dB (Slider set at Max)
Volume amplification - 0.0 dB (Slider set at Low)

When I increase the volume amplification I can hear the sound. I believe I'm missing some settings somewhere. Why Volume shows o.o when it set at Max? How do I fix this problem?

2) Live TVs not working at all

I tried many Live TV applications which are freely available. None of the TV Channels are loading. I'm seeing the following messages in all the channels I'm trying to see.

Quote:One or more items failed to play. Check the log for more information about this message.

I googled this message and people mention it's common for this message to appear to certain channels. But in my case nothing works!

3) What is PVR Client?

I tried to fix the above LiveTV issue and went through the settings. I noticed under "MyAddons" there are lot of Addons installed under PVR clients. None of them are enabled. What is the purpose of these and why they are disabled? I doubt whether they have any connection with my Live TV issue...

4) How to set the Output Display Resolution in Kodi

I went through all the setting many times but I haven't figure out how to set the Output display resolution. I have a 4K TV and I want to make sure I'm getting the best resolution. I understand resolution depends on source as well, but there is no setting related to this?

5) Youtube addon cannot play 4K videos. Maximum resolution I can set is 1080p.

Why it is like that? I know Youtube got lot of 4K videos and I want to play them via the YouTube addon so that I can check if Kodi really pass 4K?

Just a side question regarding this, any other way to check if Kodi really passing 4K Videos to my TV?

Thanks in advance for your time guys. I'm very new to this, so I hope someone can help me walk through it....

Regards,
Kathees
1) Where are movies coming from? If they are on your flash disk/hard drive, try playing with other player on the same device to see if the sound is really low or it is issue with Kodi.

2) Well, streaming live TV was never good, especially with "free" content....

3) You don't have PVR so this is of no interest to you I suppose. Personal Video Recorder, if I am not mistaken. You need TV card.

4) This is Android thing, not Kodi.

5) Youtube can but it is a question weather the addon supports 4K
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

1) Movies are in the external hard drive. Currently I'm not at home, I'll try with other players as soon as I reach home.

2) I know there are issues with Live TV, but I cannot find a single one which works. I just want to make sure my setup is correct and I can use this functionality. Does Kodi repository have any free LiveTV which I can use to test?

3) Noted on this

4) I'm not sure I understand this. I don't see any options in android to set the output resolution.

5) I installed this one via Kodi repository. Once I'm home I'll post more information.

Thanks
as per 4) doesn't your TV show resolution info when you turn it on/switch input source? I don't think you can change the resolution in Android, no more than you can change resolution on your smartphone (except for the videos).
5) Android Settings has to be set to a 4K2K Resolution first to get 99% of Android Boxes to actually output proper 4K resolutions in Kodi.
Thanks Guys.

My TV showing the resolution as 4K when I switch to my Minix. So I guess it's properly working in that regard. As DaLanik mentioned Youtube not showing the resolution above 1080p must be something to do with the Addon it self. It's installed via the official Kodi repository I have verified. Anyway since 4K resolution is being passed to my TV I think I can ignore this. My TV have a YouTube app and I can use that.

Regarding Live TV, I still have the problems. I tried the most of the Free Apps available in Kodi and they all fail to work. I can access the saved programs in the same Apps. For example Channel 31, I can access the programs. But when I try to access the Live TV it fails. Same for lot of other Apps such as Irish TV, Njoy Live TV, CHARGE TV Live etc. I just tried everything possible to check if anything will work at all.

I have posted the logs here if that will be helpful to identify the issue I'm having

Quote:https://paste.ubuntu.com/24465544/

Looking forward to solve this issue and enjoy my new purchase Smile
If it were me personally, and I wanted a superior version of Kodi Krypton I would run LibreELEC Kodi from a microSDHC card:
https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-2156.html

This can also be setup as a Dual Boot, you retain the internal Android OS.
Samsung EVO or Sandisk Class 10 microSDHC cards recommended. Smile
For 4K in YouTube Add-On check out my settings I posted in another thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2551238
(2017-04-27, 10:29)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]If it were me personally, and I wanted a superior version of Kodi Krypton I would run LibreELEC Kodi from a microSDHC card:

+1
(2017-04-27, 10:29)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]If it were me personally, and I wanted a superior version of Kodi Krypton I would run LibreELEC Kodi from a microSDHC card:

As mentioned I'm just getting started with Kodi. Will explore more on this.Thanks for the Hint!

(2017-04-27, 12:52)nostra Wrote: [ -> ]For 4K in YouTube Add-On check out my settings I posted in another thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2551238

I'll try as you mentioned in the thread. Thanks for the guide
(2017-04-27, 12:52)nostra Wrote: [ -> ]For 4K in YouTube Add-On check out my settings I posted in another thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2551238

Hi,

Will the 4K work in Kodi 16.3 as well? In my U1 I'm forced to use the 16.3 due to the pass-through issues in Kodi 17. Can you share the details if you managed to make that version work? This is the status when I'm trying to use the same settings in Kodi 16.3

Code:
General -> Video Quality -> 1080p Live / 720p  ---> Set
General -> Use MPEG-DASH ---> Disabled and not able to enable it (Greyed out)
Configure inputstream.adaptive -> Max. resolution 1080p ---> Cannot find
Configure inputstream.adaptive -> Stream selection -> ---?  Cannot find
Advanced -> Force SSL Certificate verification ---> Set

Hopefully someone out there able to enjoy 4K inside Kodi 16.3....

Thanks in advance
Kathees