Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi randomly resets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am currently running Linux Mint 18.1 Mate with Kodi 17.1. I am using an nVidia 610gts graphics card with the proprietary video driver. Some days I can play multiple videos without any problems. Other days, Kodi will reset itself at random. When it does this, it will stop video playback, screen goes blank, and the home screen is displayed. This crash also resets all of my video settings. Here is the Kodi crash log: Crash Log

Thank you in advance for any help.
Home directory full?
(2017-05-01, 23:05)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Home directory full?
Thank you for your reply.

Interesting. I checked my home folder and it is telling me that I am only using 6% of my disk. It only seems to happen after I use the Youtube plugin for a long time. I wonder if there is a problem with the plugin?
It could well be, ask in the youtube addon thread.

I saw a problem with guisettings.xml not being able to be saved because the filesystem was full. This effectively resets settings to default. Obviously not your problem though.
(2017-05-02, 07:54)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]It could well be, ask in the youtube addon thread.

I saw a problem with guisettings.xml not being able to be saved because the filesystem was full. This effectively resets settings to default. Obviously not your problem though.

I found something interesting in the Youtube addon thread. There is a problem with the version of python-openssl that ships with my version of Linux. Linux Mint 18.1 is based on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. The version of python-openssl has a known bug that floods the .xsession-errors file with data, causing it to bloat. Once this file reaches critical mass, Kodi will either reset or hang. So I updated this package to the latest version, and things seem to be stable. Since I do not know what caused the crash, it was just a good idea to try the fix. It will take some time to see if this fix works or not. If you like, I can let you know if this fixes the problem.

Kodi Forum post about the .xsession-errors: Link
Bug report on the error from Ubuntu: link