Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Google Home, IFTTT, Tasker, Nvidia Shield, and Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Voice control for the Nvidia Shield and Kodi (Updated) 6/26/2017

Update:

I updated this and I put the instructions on Github

Github
Can you enlighten me on the OMDBAPI part?
(2017-05-07, 01:55)hahaikke Wrote: [ -> ]Can you enlighten me on the OMDBAPI part?

It would be too difficult to clean up the title as it come from IFTTT. So, I search omdbapi.com first to get a title that I can use to search Kodi.

Example: I say "Monster's Inc." What IFTTT sends to the shield is "monsters inc." If I search Kodi for "monsters inc," the movie won't be found, but if I send it to omdbapi.com, it will return with "Monster's Inc." When I search Kodi for "Monster's Inc." It will find the movie and return the ID of the movie which I will then request Kodi to play.
(2017-05-09, 23:24)brianf21 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-05-07, 01:55)hahaikke Wrote: [ -> ]Can you enlighten me on the OMDBAPI part?

It would be too difficult to clean up the title as it come from IFTTT. So, I search omdbapi.com first to get a title that I can use to search Kodi.

Example: I say "Monster's Inc." What IFTTT sends to the shield is "monsters inc." If I search Kodi for "monsters inc," the movie won't be found, but if I send it to omdbapi.com, it will return with "Monster's Inc." When I search Kodi for "Monster's Inc." It will find the movie and return the ID of the movie which I will then request Kodi to play.

Yes I understood that but was wondering how to set it up. You now completed your guide so i guess it's covered under the tasker files. One more thing, can i do this with Kodi on a raspberry pi or Mac too?
(2017-05-11, 20:08)hahaikke Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes I understood that but was wondering how to set it up. You now completed your guide so i guess it's covered under the tasker files. One more thing, can i do this with Kodi on a raspberry pi or Mac too?
(2017-05-11, 20:08)hahaikke Wrote: [ -> ]

Conceptually, yes, but tasker doesn't run on a PC or Mac. You could always run this on your Android phone and change the IP in the tasker profiles to point the IP of your Kodi box.

A better way to go would be to use node.js and have it start a service to listen for the HTTP Get request from IFTTT then query omdbapi for the movie or show name.
Thank you for posting this. Is there a way to send Play/Pause commands to Android TV instead of just Kodi? I was hoping to use key mappings to trigger standard play/pause to control all media sources.The same would be useful for mute/volume.
(2017-06-21, 01:46)retero Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for posting this. Is there a way to send Play/Pause commands to Android TV instead of just Kodi? I was hoping to use key mappings to trigger standard play/pause to control all media sources.The same would be useful for mute/volume.

Yes, tasker has that feature, but the device needs to be rooted. Have you tried this out yet? I have a lot of people downloading this but few comments.
Yes, I'm using what you posted. It works great. Being able to launch apps with your voice is great for launching sideloaded apps.
can someone help me with the textfied thingy? what text field ? great tut but you need to be more clear
(2017-07-18, 01:53)marcsoawesome Wrote: [ -> ]can someone help me with the textfied thingy? what text field ? great tut but you need to be more clear

Inside IFTTT, when you click add ingredient, you will be present with two things to choose, "CreatedAt" or "TextField". You choose TextField. This will be whatever you say to Google Home. Example, if you say "play iron man", the term "iron man" is the text field and will be the phrase IFTTT sends to the shield. I hope this is clearer.
(2017-08-01, 04:09)brianf21 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-18, 01:53)marcsoawesome Wrote: [ -> ]can someone help me with the textfied thingy? what text field ? great tut but you need to be more clear

Inside IFTTT, when you click add ingredient, you will be present with two things to choose, "CreatedAt" or "TextField". You choose TextField. This will be whatever you say to Google Home. Example, if you say "play iron man", the term "iron man" is the text field and will be the phrase IFTTT sends to the shield. I hope this is clearer.

can you re upload the video ?
I am completely lost with the tasker part
Thanks Brainf21... I downloaded your files and followed the steps, I am able to launch the apps on my shield tv using google home...
but for some reason whenever I use "please play" or press commands, it does nothing...Can you please suggest what may be wrong here...do i need to change the ip address in play.js or perform.js to my shield tv ip address...
kindly help

Thanks,
(2017-06-25, 01:36)brianf21 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-06-21, 01:46)retero Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for posting this. Is there a way to send Play/Pause commands to Android TV instead of just Kodi? I was hoping to use key mappings to trigger standard play/pause to control all media sources.The same would be useful for mute/volume.

Yes, tasker has that feature, but the device needs to be rooted. Have you tried this out yet? I have a lot of people downloading this but few comments.

Thanks Brainf21... I downloaded your files and followed the steps, I am able to launch the apps on my shield tv using google home...
but for some reason whenever I use "please play" or press commands, it does nothing...Can you please suggest what may be wrong here...do i need to change the ip address in play.js or perform.js to my shield tv ip address...

Please reply.
Could you make this even more difficult and confusing if you tried? Totally ridiculous!
Pages: 1 2