Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [SONY TV] Playback interruption errors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
SONY TV Android here,
I currently downgraded to v16, but problem is common for v17 and annoys me like hell.
Both audio and video playbacks through SMB struggles some kind of iterruptions that are totally random from what I know... sometimes it's flawless for several days and sometimes kid's 15 min cartoon interrupted several time in a row.

Log of audio interrupted while playing 08. Сигареты.mp3 - I guess it's @ timestamp 19:49:15 T:18446744072017279280
https://paste.ubuntu.com/24512301/
I have a Sony Android TV and I use SPMC instead of Kodi. Works fantastic. My playback is either through an external drive for 4K movies or through my SMB NAS connected devices. I use the LAN port on the television instead of WiFi, but that's just because I have it available.

All my connections are Giga, although I think the television is only 100. (hence why the external for 4K)

SPMC allows for AVR back to my Yamaha receiver and it's 5.1 (DTS & AC3). My NAS sometimes need to be "woken" up, playback will hesitate when selecting a show, but this is a NAS problem (the drives are hibernating). I just select the show again and it works straight away.

Every once in a while the television will loose it's sync with the receiver, both devices must be unplugged and started again.

I would give SPMC a try (16.6.0). Can be installed from the Google store or side loaded.

To me, it appears to be a NAS problem. Maybe the laptop just doesn't have the power to serve up the file and it's choking on video/audio performance, depending upon either WiFi or LAN.

I would playback the file from the televisions external USB port and does it work fine, using the Sony video player?
I would still keep the file on the USB port and point your Kodi/SPMC to that port and playback, does it work?

cwh
(2017-05-04, 20:46)cwh060 Wrote: [ -> ]...

Thank you for your post. Unfortunatly SPMC acts the same, but!!! I discovered that 1080p playback on SPMC is around 23-24 fps while on KODI it's jumping on same sample from 5 to 22 fps (11-13 most of the time)...

I guess you also right about it's something causing network fail or whatever it is... IMHO real problem is that KODI/SPMC via SMB do not buffer, not even one second of playback... so in my tests if I disconnect my laptop from LAN - KODI's playback is dropped immediatly, so my problem might be a very short network fail but I have no idea what can cause it and since Marshmallow update on my TV few days ago (problem discribed was present in prev version too) I cant ping my TV's IP on LAN to check if it loses connectivity or not :/