Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Music Library Query
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

I am not an advanced Kodi user but have worked out most of what i needed to know, i just have a question.

I recently imported about 800 albums into my library, each in their own folder within the library designation.

Total number of albums in kodi if about 3 higher than the number of folders, i assume this is a tagging issue somewhere.

So my question is there a quick way to find the discrepancy or is this a needle in a haystack search that is not worth pursuing?

Thanks in advance
Chris
Its quite possible that some of the tracks might have embedded album name which may be different and Kodi might have picked it up
Kodi uses the tags to identify albums, not the folder structure, so it will be variation of album tag in some songs.

Quote:is there a quick way to find the discrepancy or is this a needle in a haystack search that is not worth pursuing?
It is nice to have accurate tagging, so I would have a go at finding the culprets.

The albums node sorted by name, compared to your list of album folders could be revealing. You may well find them during general use eventually.

Much more hands on is a poke about in the music db using some SQL browser tool. Counting the number of songs per album could quickly show any oddities e.g an album with few songs, as would comparing idAlbum and IdPath in the song table. If that kind of thing is viable for you then let me know and I will give the SQL.
I found that the app discussed here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=294333&page=3 was an excellent way of finding these sorts of errors

just use it to build an excell spreadsheet which can then be searched in all sorts of ways

You need to be using windows though
Test with a few albums at first. I'd run them through musicbrainz picard with the option of removing all other tags.

It should be pretty quick and painless, and will fix it most probably. No manual tagging is involved as picard is automated.