Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Install error Kodi box
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all. I am attempting to upgrade my Kodi 16.1 to 17, by downloading straight to my box via the web browser, and no install has been successful.

I have a 2017 High configuration Leelbox M8S PRO TV box with 2GB memory and 8GB internal storage, and a benchmark app says Arm32 so I made sure to download that. Oops, Android 6.01

Problem is, when I click to install via app installer, it errors out. If I go to Play Store, update isn't an option.

My box seems to meet the needed specs. Help
What is your Android version on the box? Kodi 17.1 can only be installed on Android Lollipop 5.0 or newer.

Sent from my SM-G920F
Right, forgot to mention that. It is 6.1 or 6.01
Saying what the error actually is may help
It just says the installation failed
After it goes through a few minutes of looking like it is installing
Did your box come pre-installed with Kodi?

If so, then it's most likely some "build" and you'll have to uninstall then install v17.
It was preloaded, yes. Is there a way to check if a build is incompatible?
Yes, if you try to update and Kodi will not install.
To stop re-inventing the Wheel all the time.....

It's bloody obvious hardly anyone READS THE STICKY THREADS at the top of this Sub-Forum !

***** START HERE - Kodi Krypton problems - and common Android FAQ's with Help *****

Other causes are 3rd party, custom Kodi versions blocking installation, these need to be removed first...

Q. I need to Uninstall Kodi ?
Clear Data and Clear Cache's may be needed too if you want a completely clean Kodi again.
Generic touchscreen Android > In Android Settings > Apps > Downloaded Apps > Kodi > Uninstall
Android TV > simply Long press the big OK button over the offending Kodi App and move to the Trash Can.

Then simply download Kodi Krypton from the Google Playstore - the correct version will auto download. The very easy method is to make sure you are signed into Google on your Android device and then find a PC / Mac / Tablet and use its Web browser and the Goggle Playstore to view and install Apps to your Android media player.

Q. Where can I download Kodi Krypton 17.0 final for Sideloading (using X-Plore File Manager App) from a USB Stick ?
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/arm/
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/arm64-v8a/

arm64-v8a Kodi can only be installed on the 64bit Intel/Android OS = the nVIDIA Shield or the FireTV2.
Ok, last stupid question. I successfully uninstalled and reinstalled the new Kodi, doing an afford backup first. Now I can't seem to restore my backup. Any help most appreciated