Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Unable to install on AFTV2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a FireTV2, latest 5.2.4.1 FW, running SPMC. I want to install & use Kodi 17 on it. I *have* had Kodi 17RC running fine before, but when the official release version came out & I updated to it, I could no longer point to nor access any SMB shares . I installed the update that was supposed to fix this issue, but from then on it no longer worked.At that point I uninstalled Kodi, installed SPMC & it has been working fine.
However, when I try to install latest Kodi again, it will not work . I get the "first time running Kodi" splash, but then it just goes dark (or gray) and nothing else ( I never get to the GUI). I have tried clearing cache, I have tried resetting the Fire TV to stock & starting over. No matter what, Kodi 17 does not work. I have tried nightlies, I have tried the 64bit builds, it is the same. Since I can't boot into Kodi, I can't produce any logs.
I've used XBMC/Kodi for years now, and know how to correctly install/configure it. So this situation leaves me tearing my hair out.
Can anyone think of anything else to try? Sad
Guess I'm the only FireTv2 owner who can't get it installed....
Debug log (wiki), use the advanced method to manual get the log.