Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Channel icons search
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My m3u list has over 1000 channels.
On each startup, the EPG Updates. Each update includes searching for channel icons which takes a long time.
Is there a way to skip channel icon search?
I would also like to know how to do this. I've stripped my m3u list down to just USA and UK channels (124), so it takes less time but still almost a minute, during which time live TV can't be used.

I've also noticed kodi tries to reload channel info every time I go to the home screen which is not necessary because the m3u only changes once per day.
You can download channel icons to a local folder, then (IIRC) set pvr.iptvsimple to look in that folder rather than online for icons.
(2017-05-20, 13:32)trogggy Wrote: [ -> ]You can download channel icons to a local folder, then (IIRC) set pvr.iptvsimple to look in that folder rather than online for icons.
That's what I'd have expected but it's not working that way. It looks like the m3u file I'm using contains links to channel icons so kodi is following those links, which is great I just don't know why it keeps doing it.
You're right, my bad - it's been a while. Try going to settings > LiveTV > Menu/OSD and setting a folder for channel icons.
Icons need to be named the same as the channel.