Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HELP cannot get kodi to load on android tablet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any suggestions are appreciated...

Samsung GalaxyTab 3 10.1in running 4.4.2
i used to use XBMC then went to kodi 15 then 16 and never had any problems. Then i went to upgrade to 17 and for some reason it had me drop 16 when it installed 17. Then it couldn't install 17, file not found. I found a youtube video to upload MyGica with kodi 17 which installs but when i open it, it says: unfortunately, kodi has stopped.

i have re-downloaded Jarvis and 15.2 and i get the same issue. They all install but stop working. I have turned tablet off and on, i have cleared cache, i have cleared data, and now i have gone as far as rebooting my whole tablet back to factory and still nothing....
HELP PLEASE!!!!! LOL
Why does no-one ever read the stickied threads?

Krypton needs Android 5 or higher to run, so you wan't be able to use that. Download Jarvis or earlier from the download link at the top of the page (scroll down a bit on the download page to find the link to older versions) and then sideload that. If those still aren't working then gather a debug log (wiki), upload it to pastebin.com and post their link here. Details on how to do that are in the link (look in the advanced section given you're not able to start Kodi fully).

And read the stickied threads at the top of this section of the forum. They're stuck there for a reason Wink
Darren
I did read through the stickied threads...
Like I said in my post, I have tried to download Jarvis and even 15 from different pages including the ones here. I know to scroll down to older versions. The other stuff you said, I don't understand! A debug log and upload what link? I'm sorry for the inconvenience I seem to have caused... I had tried everything I knew, tried what I read in the sticky thread and did not work, hence my post looking for another option.
I appreciate your response, I'll try to figure out what you meant by debug and posting a link a pastebin.
What is a stickie thread and how do i get to it?
(2017-05-09, 04:44)SassyJ Wrote: [ -> ]What is a stickie thread and how do i get to it?

Back out of this message and into the screen where you can see the list of messages, including this one.

At the top of the page you will see "Important Threads" They are stuck there permanently. They are called "Stickies". They list help and suggestions for common problems.

Maybe look at the one labelled "***** Start Here .... *****"
@OP Your tablet is x86. Did you pick the right apk?
Koying you are a god!!!! Years ago when I downloaded it, it was ARM. The X86 worked. Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!