Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No channel icons in EPG?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am loving the new estuary skin, however I have noticed that there are no channel icons when viewing the EPG, however I have channel icons in every other live TV view. I also have channel icons in every other skin that supports viewing them.

I am using nextPVR and have already tried removing the addon folder and reinstalling the pvr addon, and its still the same.

Is this a bug, or is this how its supposed to be?

info:
nextPVR 3.9.2 (161119) Running on Windows 10
Kodi 17.1 on Windows 10
anyone? I cant figure out if this is a bug or a feature...
Resurrecting, because this is the one thing I want out of Estuary. I’m finally migrating off of Windows Media Center over to NextPVR (with Kodi as a front-end) and it’s a good solution except for this one thing that bugs the heck out of me. How hard would it be to mod it to add this? Really I just want it to go number - icon - name, and it can use a generic if no icon is available or just skip it; I don’t care. Smile

Is there a variant that does this? MOD v2 let’s you *replace* numbers with icons but is annoying in other ways, and displays much fewer lines in the guide. I really just want this one change.
clemon79,

Have you considered using another skin? I think it has been confirmed that the default skin does not display channel icons on the guide screen, but many others do. Is there something about Estuary that you just need to have?

(Btw, ignore the quote in my sig. I've got to get around to changing that.)

Tobor
(2022-03-16, 18:05)Tobor Wrote: [ -> ]Have you considered using another skin? I think it has been confirmed that the default skin does not display channel icons on the guide screen, but many others do. Is there something about Estuary that you just need to have?

I absolutely have, and I haven’t found another skin I’ve liked yet. (I’m sure one probably exists; I haven’t had the best luck finding the Giant Skin Repository that I’m sure exists, so if there is one, I’m all ears.) Everyone else seems to regard the program guide as an afterthought because nobody watches live TV anymore, or doesn’t include enough lines on a page, or some other irritant. Mainly, though, this is really the only thing that bothers me about Estuary and it seems like such a small simple fix that I feel like I ought to be able to figure out how to do it, knowing enough about XML and CSS to be dangerous.

If I REALLY had my druthers, I’d say “give me something that focuses on being a PVR front-end that delivers tons of information on one screen because people have 65” TVs these days and can handle smaller fonts,” but I realize I’m old and the first question is gonna be “what, you still have cable?”
The native NextPVR UI can do that, it acts more like a dedicated STB then Kodi.  You can get that UI via an Kodi addon, or an dedicated clients for many platforms (Windows, Android, Roku, macOS).  I use it more than pvr.nextpvr (and I maintain pvr.nextpvr) because it is thin client, similar to the old WMC clients, so there is no db synchronization needed

I use LiveTV all the time but I think browsing the guide on a 10' interface deciding what to watch from 100s of channels is definitely old school.  Channel groups might help you more than seeing more lines.

Martin
(2022-03-16, 22:50)emveepee Wrote: [ -> ]The native NextPVR UI can do that, it acts more like a dedicated STB then Kodi.  You can get that UI via an Kodi addon, or an dedicated clients for many platforms (Windows, Android, Roku, macOS).  I use it more than pvr.nextpvr (and I maintain pvr.nextpvr) because it is thin client, similar to the old WMC clients, so there is no db synchronization needed

I use LiveTV all the time but I think browsing the guide on a 10' interface deciding what to watch from 100s of channels is definitely old school.  Channel groups might help you more than seeing more lines.

Martin
I was not aware there was a dedicated Kodi add-on for the NextPVR client. I'll look into that! I dunno if it's my ultimate answer (I *really* like having PVR integrated into the rest of Kodi UI naturally) but it's certainly something else to play with, and since it's my back-end anyhow...
(2022-03-16, 19:22)clemon79 Wrote: [ -> ]... but I realize I’m old and the first question is gonna be “what, you still have cable?”
I'm right with you there!
I've found that the guide screens in Pellucid and Metropolis are the most readable from across the room, and they display channel icons. I second Martin's suggestion about channel groups, although I don't currently use them myself.

Tobor