Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help required with a FireTV box & a number of problems please..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

First of all, hardware:

Fire TV Box V1 SW version 51.1.6.3 - android v 4.2.2

Kodi v 5.2

addon :

Iplayer
Youtube
Artist slideshow
Backup
Log viewer

Screensavers:

Aerial
Black
Dim

memory used:
cache = 65mb
USB = 132mb
Data 0.91gb
Application = 40kb

All extra addons from amazon are installed to external USB, anything that will not transfer to USB I will not install.

Updates are blocked via OpenDNS and router.

TV & Movies are viewed from NAS.
Music about 50 mp3's from external hard drive via router.

This setup ran like a dream for months and months until one day I was hit by a black screen, all i could do was to go to the amazon home screen,... I tried stopping Kodi, waited two minutes, but the same thing happened again.
I then decided to clear the cache and the data and setup kodi the way i had it setup before (do not want to do that again).

Now every time i run kodi i get the "first time run" screen - the one with the light blue bar that goes across.

I always close kodi by using the shut down icon.

What I don't understand is that sometimes when i take the firetv out of standbye I get a warning that the unit has very low storage and that i need to remove some items, so i let it show me what i can remove, and there is literary nothing i can remove or clear.
This low on storage is incredible it is between 25 and 50mb left out of 5.49gb.

If I pull the plug and wait 5 minutes and turn the unit back on, wait another 2 minutes I then have about 1.05 to 1.10 gb free. I can run kodi but i get the "first time run" screen again.
I would love to know how i can lose almost 1gb in a matter of seconds and within 5 minutes i have it back again.
I have to say that after the first time run screen, the screen goes black for about 4 seconds then i get the normal 15.2 kodi icon appear in the centre and it works as normal.

I have nothing left that i can remove to usb on this firetv box.

I would be most grateful if anyone can give me some answers to these questions, as I have given up looking at pointless youtube videos where all they want you to do is add addons from other sources. to clear the cache ect ect...

Appreciate any help / guidance on what I can do to get this unit working as it was before.