Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 17 crashes after music playback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have tried various versions of Kodi 17 - stable and nightly, and I always get the same issue. After playing more than 1 or 2 music tracks, Kodi will always crash when playback has finished i.e. gets to the end of an album. I have no problems initiating plaback, or functions pertaining to video. All audio tracks are mp3.

Kodi 17.2 RC1 (compiled May 6th 2017), also tried 17.1 stable
Windows 10 Pro
Intel i5-4690K @ 3.50GHz
16GB RAM
Radeon R9 200

Log:
https://pastebin.com/ArPBqaS4

Any help appeciated.
Where are you getting Kodi 17.2 from?
(2017-05-08, 22:41)Powerhouse Wrote: [ -> ]Where are you getting Kodi 17.2 from?

17.2 is currently a Release Candidate, you can download it from http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/win32/Krypton/.
Well i went through your log.
Right at the start it's complaining about your BenQ audio device not being supported.

Other than that i see 15 delasoul tracks being played, paplayer exiting and then a weather addon doing its stuff.
Cant say much about the issue, or if it even occurred...
Strange... I disabled the BenQ audio device (not used anyway), but still the same problem. The crash happens 100% of the time without fail.

I checked Windows Event Viewer too. Here's the crash output:
--
Faulting application name: kodi.exe, version: 17.1.901.0, time stamp: 0x590d3689
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.15063.0, time stamp: 0xa82cc161
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0002bdf2
Faulting process ID: 0x1064
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2c8b7937b84cc
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\kodi.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report ID: fe5e732d-68fc-43e4-9eb6-9059052c1e5d
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
That's very generic.
Maybe a dev will see what's going on from your debug.
I can't see anything in the log other than 15 tracks being played too, but maybe I'm the wrong dev.

Grasping at straws could you try with the weather addon disabled please. New debug log with that.
Well, seems like you grasped the right straw. I uninstalled the Met Office weather addon, and no more crashes! Thanks for your help. Let me know if you still want a log.
If the issue is solved there's no need for a debug log.
You might want to mark the thread as solved in case another music fan is using the same weather addon
I can't see where to mark a thread as solved...
(2017-05-13, 21:19)elsmore Wrote: [ -> ]I can't see where to mark a thread as solved...
Press the edit button select full edit on the left of your title use dropdown select SOLVED
Thank you
Thread marked solved.