Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Control Kodi with your Google Home
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
(2017-08-12, 17:06)LovesTha Wrote: [ -> ]Step B4, I can't find a private option to set...

Anyone know where this is meant to be, the advanced options doesn't have that option in Glitch.

It's not "private" option, but "remove authorization" or something like that Smile
When doing port forwarding in your router settings, is the destination address the internal Kodi IP address or the public/external IP address? My router won't let me add a public IP address when forwarding ports.
i have play and pause commands working
but to play a movie or tv show is a no go
do i need a certain add on
thanks clint
Is there a way to do it with an internal rather than external webserver and apps? i would rather not have my kodi box web facing
Been playing with seek, I'm getting there but haven't quite figured it out yet

//seek forward x seconds
app.get("/seekforward", function(request, response) {
validateRequest(request,response,kodiSeek)
});

var kodiSeek = function(request, response){
var seekForward = request.query.q.trim();
kodi.Player.Seek({playerid:1,"seconds":parseInt(seekForward)});
response.sendStatus(200);
};

Anyone feel like debugging?
________________________________(edit)

Think I have got it:
app.get("/seekforward", function(request, response) {
validateRequest(request,response,kodiSeek)
});

var kodiSeek = function(request, response){
var seekForward = request.query.q.trim();
kodi.Player.Seek({"playerid":1,"value":{"seconds":parseInt(seekForward)} });
response.sendStatus(200);
};

Now working on seeking backwards (figuring out how to change an int to a negative int) - still not bug free
Hey there,
just wanted to know if anybody here has already experience with the PVR request by number? For example "Switch to Channel 3". Here is what I've notice so far when trying to do this: https://github.com/OmerTu/GoogleHomeKodi/issues/25
In summary, when I do the 'searchResult' returns empty and as such the channel is not switched. Switching by name works alright, but I would rather use by number, as Google does not always understand the Channel names properly.
I was googling for Kodi integrations with Google Home, and this thread came up.

I've only done a halfassed search through the thread, but has anyone by any tiny chance begun working on a feature set that would allow us to use this plugin to control google play music through Kodi voice commands? Or even Youtube TV? If not, does anyone have a rough idea of the effort required for that? And would anyone else be interested in it?

Personally, I'd love that feature... The more I can do from my PC without requiring a separate chromecast device, the better. But maybe that's just me.
(2017-08-22, 03:01)RocketGuy3 Wrote: [ -> ]I was googling for Kodi integrations with Google Home, and this thread came up.

I've only done a halfassed search through the thread, but has anyone by any tiny chance begun working on a feature set that would allow us to use this plugin to control google play music through Kodi voice commands? Or even Youtube TV? If not, does anyone have a rough idea of the effort required for that? And would anyone else be interested in it?

Personally, I'd love that feature... The more I can do from my PC without requiring a separate chromecast device, the better. But maybe that's just me.
This software integrates Kodi with Google Home, not vice versa...

Sent from my SM-G935T
(2017-08-22, 03:43)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-22, 03:01)RocketGuy3 Wrote: [ -> ]I was googling for Kodi integrations with Google Home, and this thread came up.

This software integrates Kodi with Google Home, not vice versa...

Sent from my SM-G935T (typie typie)

Maybe my wording/understanding was poor, but in any case, the use case is that I can use voice commands with google home to control my Kodi media center PC, right? Just tryna gauge the demand for more functionality. I'd love to be able to control the music that plays on my PC via Kodi/google home, too.
Hi,
is it possible to put in more ports on Glitch?
I'd like to control more clients without setting up different clients on ifttt
Thanks
Duc
(2017-08-24, 17:58)Duc78 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
Thanks
Duc
Short answer, Yes... Within the framework of the current code it's definitely possible to create custom Kodi names per instance and control them individually.

You'd have to find someone interested in coding the feature...

I've limited my contributions to increasing the functionality of the code... So far I have added volume control, smartplaylist, PVR by number and a number of other actions.

Sent from my SM-G935T
(2017-08-24, 19:37)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]
Thanks
Duc
Short answer, Yes... Within the framework of the current code it's definitely possible to create custom Kodi names per instance and control them individually.

I've limited my contributions to increasing the functionality of the code... So far I have added volume control, smartplaylist, PVR by number and a number of other actions.

Hey Lunatixz,

since you said you put in the part of the PVR by number, can you maybe help me figure out why it is not working for me? https://github.com/OmerTu/GoogleHomeKodi/issues/25
I don't have problem with the other things I've implemented, Mute, Play, Pause, PVR by name, Movie by name. But the PVR by number does not work, in the log it looks like it returns only empty when searching for a Channel Number.

Thanks for any hints.
(2017-08-24, 22:01)Andulien Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-24, 19:37)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]
Thanks
Duc

Hey Lunatixz,

since you said you put in the part of the PVR by number, can you maybe help me figure out why it is not working for me? https://github.com/OmerTu/GoogleHomeKodi/issues/25
I don't have problem with the other things I've implemented, Mute, Play, Pause, PVR by name, Movie by name. But the PVR by number does not work, in the log it looks like it returns only empty when searching for a Channel Number.

Thanks for any hints.
I wasn't aware someone else added it to master, not sure how parallel our code is. So I can only support my submission. When the time comes to commit my changes I'll compare the PVR by number code.

Sent from my SM-G935T
I've added a small PR that made some changes which makes the node server easily runable as a local node server. As i'd rather expose the node server then exposing my kodi api. But this PR as is may break running it with Glitch. Just wanted to leave it here, for if someone wanted to run it locally. As i'm using a config.js file, which you can use to configure it.

Also added a route /opentvshow. Which allows you to open a specific tvshow in the GUI. As that is something I think where Google Assistant can really help.

edit 1: In another PR i've added eslint with config, and changed the code to use ES6.
I've also added the feature scanlibrary.

I'd like to add more routes, but then we need to have these merged somehow first.

edit 2: In another branch i've started implementing the support for multiple kodi instances.

Btw, it would be nice if we could port the node server's functionality to a native kodi addon, that spawns it's own small webserver, with the Token. Or even better implement the IFTTT rules in a native google assistant app.
(2017-08-27, 13:15)konti Wrote: [ -> ]Btw, it would be nice if we could port the node server's functionality to a native kodi addon, that spawns it's own small webserver, with the Token. Or even better implement the IFTTT rules in a native google assistant app.

This is definitely feasible.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16