Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Heron) 32-bit packages dependencies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Because the dependencies for Ubuntu Hardy 8.04 (Alpha 4) are not mentioned in the README.Linux file, it might be usefull to post them here. Hardy is not officially supported, so don't complain if nything is not working. Posting bugs has no use either, when using Hardy. Still, I like it and won't stop using it just for XBMC. There might be more people thinking likewise... Smile

Code:
sudo apt-get install make g++-4.1 gcc-4.1 libsdl1.2-dev libsdl-image1.2-dev libsdl-gfx1.2-dev libsdl-mixer1.2-dev libsdl-sound1.2-dev libsdl-stretch-dev libcdio7 libcdio-dev libfribidi0 libfribidi-dev liblzo1 liblzo-dev libfreetype6 libfreetype6-dev libsqlite3-0 libsqlite3-dev libogg-dev libsmbclient-dev libsmbclient libasound2-dev python2.4-dev python2.4 python-sqlite libglew1.5 libglew1.5-dev libcurl3-dev g++ gawk x11proto-xinerama-dev libxinerama-dev libxrandr-dev libxrender-dev libmms-dev pmount libmad0-dev libtre-dev libogg-dev libvorbis-dev libmysqlclient15-dev
When I was using a Hardy CLI install , whenever XBMC tried to generate thumbnails it would crash. Turning off the auto generate thumbnails did fix it though. Overall, for me Hardy was not nearly as stable as Gutsy for XBMC.

Also, I don't think libglew1.5 is available for Hardy, I think it's called glew-utils. For the command line install I also had to install libmad0-dev and libtre-dev I think.

Dustin
Cool!, ...but to clearify; are those for Ubuntu Desktop 8.04 or Ubuntu Server 8.04?

Huh
They are for Ubuntu desktop!

I can confirm the 'bug' dustobub mentions. As soon as a a thumbnail shows up, the whole thing crashes. it has been that way for about two weeks.

libglew1.5 and libglew1.5-dev are available in the standard repos for Hardy!

One offtopic question.... Why is it not possible to edit my own posts?
There is one problem with the dependencies, since the last build (11773).
lSDL_image is not found, even though it is installed!

Installed files...
Code:
/.
/usr
/usr/lib
/usr/lib/libSDL_image-1.2.so.0.1.5
/usr/share
/usr/share/doc
/usr/share/doc/libsdl-image1.2
/usr/share/doc/libsdl-image1.2/README
/usr/share/doc/libsdl-image1.2/copyright
/usr/share/doc/libsdl-image1.2/changelog.gz
/usr/share/doc/libsdl-image1.2/changelog.Debian.gz
/usr/lib/libSDL_image-1.2.so.0
Bram77 Wrote:One offtopic question.... Why is it not possible to edit my own posts?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=22730 summery; because the edit function was being abused.
apt-cache search libglew returns

Code:
libglew1.5 - The OpenGL Extension Wrangler - runtime environment
libglew1.5-dev - The OpenGL Extension Wrangler - development environment
glew-utils - The OpenGL Extension Wrangler - utilities
you need the devpackage for sdlimage as well
I've already got it installed. Sorry, forgot to mention it!
Another thing i noticed when i tried it 8.04 is fullscreen "/' mode doesn't quite work. But of course works fine on 7.10. I liked it but i'm staying with 7.10 till it works better with 8.04 since i mostly use Ubuntu for XBMC purposes, and messing around in general.
I'm pretty sure my fullscreen was working fine as long as I had the resolution set to "Desktop" in Settings-Appearance-Screen.

I guess glew-utils probably aren't needed, just libglew1.5 and libglew1.5-dev

Having a stable system in Hardy would make life much easier for me, I hate having to deal with the nvidia binary and backports. My nvidia 630i 7100 board works out of the box on hardy with the nvidia-glx-new driver.
Thumbnails that are stored in DVD folders also crash xbmc on Hardy. I'll get a debug log soon.

Dusitn
well, i needed to change some of the apt-gets - specifically:

libcdio6 to libcdio7, and libGLEW1.4 (and -dev) to libGLEW1.5(-dev)

and it compiles fine.

Running it with the standard command resulted in this when trying to do anything:

Code:
ed@kubuntu:~/XBMC/BUILD$ ./XboxMediaCenter
WARNING: The XBMC_HOME environment variable is not set.
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

This works however:

Code:
ed@kubuntu:~/XBMC/BUILD$ ./XboxMediaCenter -fs
Running in fullscreen mode...
WARNING: The XBMC_HOME environment variable is not set.

Anyone need help on (K)ubuntu 8.04 , gimme a shout!
These are already in the apt-get command in the start post.
But I really don't understand why I'm getting this error while build.sh runs ./configure...

Code:
checking for main in -lSDL_image... no
configure: error: == Could not find a required library. Please see README.linux
Ignoring the ./configure error and running "make -j2" manually resulds in a compile error

Code:
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -llzo2
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [XboxMediaCenter] Error 1
Pages: 1 2 3 4