Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Cannot install anything on Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have the same problem on 2 different machines.
One is a media streamer called Zappiti and does not come pre-installed with Kodi.
The other one is a Nexbox a95x that comes with a pre-installed flavor of Kodi, but stuck in version 16.1. So I uninstalled it.

I installed Krypton 17.1 on both and both have the same behavior. I cannot install repositories or add-ons.
So I decided to at least install the Log Viewer for Kodi from the default repository.
That one too failed.
Even trying to browse the default repository fails as it gives an error stating Kodi could not connect to repository. While the machine clearly is connected to Internet.
BTW on both machines I also cannot connect to using remote controls (IOS apps for exemple). All settings have been checked and they're good but no connection. Or at least they do not advertise their service on my network. Because if I manually enter the IP of the machine in a remote control app then I can control it. Just thought of mentioning that.
One last thing, I am not talking about banned addons or whatever. Even the basic does not work on these machines.
I am wondering, are there any brandnames that run on Android that actually block Kodi features somehow? Zappiti could block because it is a proprietary platform, and Nexbox because they might want to forse the use of their flavor of Kodi.
What do you think?
Debug log (wiki).

Since you can't connect to the repository and install the Log uploader you'll need to use the advanced method and manually get the log file.