Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Smart playlist 10+bit?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know the Aeon Nox thread is not the right place for this question, but i'm not sure where is?

Is there a way to specify a smart playlist based on bit depth? anything greater than 10bit?

I played around with resolution filters a while back and know they have limitation... so this may be asking a lot, but it never hurts to try.

Thanks,
As you can not filter by bit depth i know 2 solutions based on tagging.
1) Tag you filenames with a keyword maybe 'bigdepth' so your filename should something like this moviename.year.bluray.bigdepth.mkv
Now you can filter these items with 'filename contains bigdepth'

2) Kodi has an in build tag system. You can create your own tags and tag every item in your library. Now you can filter by tag name. The big advantage is you don't have to rename your files already scant into the library.
Quote:I know the Aeon Nox thread is not the right place for this question, but i'm not sure where is?

I think @_Andy_ has given you a couple of good options with "Filters" and "Tags".

As the query is not really skin specific, I can move your thread to the Videos forum if you like.
Thanks Andy! those are both great suggestions.

I will investigate more into tagging, but i think your file name idea will do the job just fine.

@Karellen, your right, i can move it but i'm not sure how? i edited my original post but i don't see how to move this thread to the video section?
You can't. I'll move for you.
Thanks Karellen,

@ Andy, iv got it working for my movies but have run into some trouble with TV shows.

a TV Shows smart playlist does not support filename (i double checked, it just shows everything). But at the same time i cant seem to combine an episode playlist with my TV Show smart playlist.

More detail:
My main "TV SHOWS" option on the home menu is mapped to a smart playlist that has all my TV shows.

A while back i separated out documentaries from my main TV shows:
Code:
<name>TvShows</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="playlist" operator="isnot">Tv Shows Documentary</rule>

Works great, i then created a sub menu option called documentaries and mapped it to Tv Shows Documentary smart playlist.

If i try and mimic that and create a smart playlist for 10bit shows it has to be an episode smart playlist which wont combine with a TV show smart playlist.

ideas?