Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Stuck in restricted mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was learning how to navigate through my new android A95x kodi box and I came across a profile setting that was to be private. So I was going to set it up so no one can do anything or navigate on the device they are not supposed to. As I started to set it up I'm not quite sure what happened but it is in the master profile (I believe) and I have a restricted profile now so I can not navigate through. When I restart my device I see the "apps or boxes " to click on to get to the next screen but i have like 30 seconds in total before a window pops up and says its switching to a restricted profile. Does anyone have the answer to solve this PLEASE.. I've tried everything even being quick to get to settings but I can't do it. Is there a reset switch to go back to manufacturer settings? I tried to save it on a SIM card and run it that way, but it won't let me install anything and it keeps telling me I do not have enough space to do an update..I'd really appreciate any advice. Thank You
Rich
Hi Royaltyrich

I am having exactly the same issue as you.
Did you have any luck fixing it or working out how to bypass it or input the security pin??

Regards,
John
Did this ever get resolved?
This isn't a Kodi issue.  If you've managed to get your device into a state where you can't use it properly, it might be good to try a factory reset of your device.
Had a  Restricted mode stuck cycle
wheres the reboot or icon ?

I had this issue, There was no unrestricted icon in this mode
Amlogic S509 Mbox Pro i was using.

THe reboot hard switch is the SPDIF hole in back of the Mbox.

Gently stick a thin screw driver in about 12mm till you hear the tiny click of the switch at the end.
Hold it in , turn on by plugging in the power. Wait till it boots. A familiar green Android robot data erases .Then remove the screw driver.
Wait as the MBox start up logo appears and hovers there for at least 7 minutes or more. and go from there.

All apps re appear along with some added features.
Had to reset all app restrictions within the settings section, as it wont be able to update them ,especially Kodi.
Any kvestions?