Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: can't play most files from smb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so, I can access my smb share with file manager and delete files. I also can access file with some other file manager and open it with Kodi (but in that case, as DLNA). Also, file manager shows some crazy values for files size on smb, some even have negative value.
https://paste.ubuntu.com/24568116/
try turning debugging on
yeah... sorry.... I was messing with this yesterday a lot and at the end put the wrong link
this should be fresh one from this morning https://paste.ubuntu.com/24572928/
one other thing I noticed is that sometimes movie actually plays because I can see the play icon in front of the movie the movie list. And also going back and forth within kodi I end up with the black screen with playbar at the bottom and movie title at the top. And later on, movie is marked as being partialy watched.
Is that the full log?
I would say so. I tried to play the movie which didn't start. Went back to addons and uploaded the log.
I see that you are using the fritz-nas function. Which kind of HDD did you connect to your fritz-box? And I guess you are using the USB connection?
For what I can tell, I wouldn't use the Fritz-box as a NAS. It's ok to have some files available and probably for music as well, but I wouldn't use it for video-streaming, tbh
Well, I don't use it that much. It's mostly just the archive and now for saving subtitles and such. I usually use disks which are connected directly to the TV.
But the point is that it worked on krypton. The same movie will work just fine if I set up that folder as FTP. And I tried krypton on tablet and there it still works.
I have two disks plugged into fritz (samsung and WD) and I have the same behaviour on both of them.
And when I copy the same file to the disk that is plugged to the TV, the file plays just fine, no more read or seek errors which I get from most of the files over smb.
And from what I can see withou knowing how to actually read the log, all the files that are listed in filmanager with negative size values don't work. For Trance it shows -456660687 B while the actual size is 3.8GB. But the files that have positive size values (which are wrong BTW) play fine.
OK, this is fixed now. I can play all files again. Free space on local disk is still wrong in file manager but that doesn't affect anything. THX.