Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: DXVA2 auto turn on/off ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. I use Kodi 17 with win 10 x64. Intel Celeron 3930. The problem with the video quality when I enable dxva2. Dxva2 really reduce the image quality. For video playback at resolutions 720p and 1080p my CPU copes without dxva2. (both x264/x265). But 4K videos is already a bit slow. At the same time playing 4k dxva2 does not spoil the picture. So I have each time go in to the Kodi settings and manually enable/disable dxva2. Whether it is possible to set a rule to dxva2 automatic turn on, if the video resolution more than 1080p ?
Not without some sort of batch file restart while injecting new setting parameters. The work around I would offer is to see if you can find an external player that will handle one or the other well, then set-up External players (wiki) for the exception with a <playercorefactory> rule.
(2017-05-14, 20:04)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]Not without some sort of batch file restart while injecting new setting parameters.

But when i turn on/off dxva i dont need to restart kodi to apply it. The only problem that i have to go "deep" in menu to change this settings.
Is it possible to bind somehow dxva on/off button in Keymap Editor?

I know about external players, but don't want it)