Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Krypton 17.1 amlogic accelerating setting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In 17.1 amlogic was removed from accelerating. This has caused some issues on my minix neo u1 which runs flawlessly on 16.1 with that setting available. Is this something that will return in a later update? My video playback sometimes jittery and image is not displaying in correct ratio. I have to set it on 16:9 instead of normal and this fixes some streams and stretched to much in others
No it will not return.

Also will move this to correct section
Any way around this? Or any recommended box that will run this 17.1 properly?
If you are running an Android box with a AMLogic Chip in it there are numerous LibreELEC Kodi Krypton images available for it that can be run off a micro SDHC external card. (Samsung EVO, Sandisk or Lexar 300x Class 10 U1):

https://forum.libreelec.tv/forum-38.html

LibreELEC Kodi Krypton will actually run better than any Android Kodi Krypton version, everything will be hardware decoded - LibreELEC still uses Amcodec Hardware video acceleration.

Amcodec decoding will not be coming back from Android Kodi Krypton onwards, please read this post:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2516616

Here are the instructions for LE installs on a MINIX NEO U1:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2584602
(2017-05-18, 03:48)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]If you are running an Android box with a AMLogic Chip in it there are numerous LibreELEC Kodi Krypton images available for it that can be run off a micro SDHC external card. (Samsung EVO, Sandisk or Lexar 300x Class 10 U1):

https://forum.libreelec.tv/forum-38.html

LibreELEC Kodi Krypton will actually run better than any Android Kodi Krypton version, everything will be hardware decoded - LibreELEC still uses Amcodec Hardware video acceleration.

Amcodec decoding will not be coming back from Android Kodi Krypton onwards, please read this post:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2516616

Here are the instructions for LE installs on a MINIX NEO U1:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2584602

This librelec looks sounds promising but also sounds confusing to setup. Anyone here have a guide on how to set it up on minix neo u1 or know anyone willing to do it if I ship SD card or do a remote desktop session?
I've cut out a few steps for you, and pre-created a U1 .zip image with the correct device tree, ready for flashing.

1) - Download LibreELEC flashing software from HERE
2) - Download S905 LibreELEC image from HERE.
3) - Use LibreELEC flashing Software to point at downloaded img.zip file and flash to SD card. Just use the (2) "Select File" option .img.zip

Now if the U1 is anything like the MINIX U9, shutdown the box....
Insert the microSDHC card. Then hold down the power button till the large Green Robot appears.
LibreELEC will do its magic and reboot the U1 to LE Kodi Krypton.

Job done Smile
(2017-05-18, 08:36)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]I've cut out a few steps for you, and pre-created a U1 .zip image with the correct device tree, ready for flashing.

1) - Download LibreELEC flashing software from HERE
2) - Download S905 LibreELEC image from HERE.
3) - Use LibreELEC flashing Software to point at downloaded img.zip file and flash to SD card. Just use the (2) "Select File" option .img.zip

Now if the U1 is anything like the MINIX U9, shutdown the box....
Insert the microSDHC card. Then hold down the power button till the large Green Robot appears.
LibreELEC will do its magic and reboot the U1 to LE Kodi Krypton.

Job done Smile

Wow thanks soooo much! Truly appreciate it. I have 2 quick questions before I do anything.

which SD card do you recommend and how many gb?
I have minix neo u1 and minix neo u9-h, which is the better option for this kodi 17.1 libreelec setuo
Use the more mature S905 U1 - because the S912 U9 (and all AML S912's) have Linux/LibreELEC GPU Video driver problems.
LibreELEC on the S912 cannot output 10bit HDR10 or VP9 video properly anyway.

16GB SD will be plenty....
Quote:(Samsung EVO, Sandisk or Lexar 300x Class 10 U1 microSDHC)
(2017-05-18, 13:44)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]Use the more mature S905 U1 - because the S912 U9 (and all AML S912's) have Linux/LibreELEC GPU Video driver problems.
LibreELEC on the S912 cannot output 10bit HDR10 or VP9 video properly anyway.

16GB SD will be plenty....
Quote:(Samsung EVO, Sandisk or Lexar 300x Class 10 U1 microSDHC)

Thanks for the help. If running without libreelec I assume the u9-h is the preferred option?
Yes because only Android using Mediacodec (Surface) decoding will be able to handle HDR10 output.

HDR10 is really nothing more than Marketing unless you are providing your own HDR10 content or using 4K HDR - Android TV - Apps like Amazon or Netflix. Even then Smart TV's will handle 4K HDR streaming Apps better than external media players anyway.

There are only so many HDR test clips a person can watch. Wink

There will be other LibreELEC Kodi DRM features that AML S905 boxes will be able to do going into Kodi v18 Leia that the AML S912 boxes are going to struggle with, because of those S912 Linux/LibreELEC GPU Video driver problems.
(2017-05-18, 14:06)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]Yes because only Android using Mediacodec (Surface) decoding will be able to handle HDR10 output.

HDR10 is really nothing more than Marketing unless you are providing your own HDR10 content or using 4K HDR - Android TV - Apps like Amazon or Netflix. Even then Smart TV's will handle 4K HDR streaming Apps better than external media players anyway.

There are only so many HDR test clips a person can watch. Wink

There will be other LibreELEC Kodi DRM features that AML S905 boxes will be able to do going into Kodi v18 Leia that the AML S912 boxes are going to struggle with, because of those S912 Linux/LibreELEC GPU Video driver problems.

sorry for the late reply but im doing this only now as i been super busy, i noticed libreelec has a specific minix neo u1 download file which is .dtb do i download that instead of the ones you linked me too or it doesnt matter?
Follow the install instruction on the LE forums...note the bit where it tells you to rename that specific file to dtb.img for what hardware you are running and save it to the SD card.
This will allow the Kernel to address the Hardware in the AML device properly.
(2017-05-30, 18:23)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]Follow the install instruction on the LE forums...note the bit where it tells you to rename that specific file to dtb.img for what hardware you are running and save it to the SD card.
This will allow the Kernel to address the Hardware in the AML device properly.

Perfect I got it running. Question now is that my kodi setup from android doesn't transfer over. What's the easiest way to copy my exact setup over to libreelec? Like skin, shortcuts add ons backrounds etc.
Got.my.setup all running but missing 1 thing. I have background images saved on minix storage I want to use in libreelec how do I go about using my custom backdrops in libreelec? Won't read my minix storage pictures folder. It's blank
You will manually have to transfer, using a File manager like X-Plore & a USB Stick - any settings / content you have in Android over to LibreELEC.

Kodi Android settings can be found in Internal Storage/SD Card > Android > Data > com.xbmc.kodi > file > .kodi

Make sure in X-Plore settings - you have "Show Hidden Files" selected.

In LibreELEC you would use Kodi's File manager to copy required data from the USB stick into the "Profile Directory"
Pages: 1 2