Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Fire TV Stick(gen.2) Video Playback returns to home screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone!

I recently bought the Fire TV 2 Stick and want to use Kodi on it instead of my Raspberry.

First I tried using 17.1 and now also 16.1 to get it to work, which it basically does.
But I'm facing the problem that the video playback always stops at times between 20-60 Minutes and returns to the Home screen of Kodi, after that i have to completely exit Kodi for a playback to start again.

I could only find some similar posts to this from like 2014 with no real solution, so I wanted to ask for your support! Huh

Here some information on my setup:

1.The files are located on a local NAS using an NFS share and MySQL DB for Kodi to use.

2. Network connection is a 5G Wlan with a G/bit connection to the NAS.

3. Current advancedsettings.xml:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<network>
    <buffermode>1</buffermode> <!-- Default is 1 -->
    <cachemembuffersize>52428800</cachemembuffersize> <!-- Default is 20971520 bytes or 20 MB -->
    <readbufferfactor>2.0</readbufferfactor> <!-- Default is 1.0 -->
</network>
<loglevel hide="true">-1</loglevel>
<playcountminimumpercent>95</playcountminimumpercent>
<skiploopfilter>0</skiploopfilter>
<nodvdrom>true</nodvdrom>
<videolibrary>
    <dateadded>2</dateadded>
    <cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate>
    <importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
    <hideallitems>true</hideallitems> <!-- removes the "*All" items from the video library -->
    <hideemptyseries>true</hideemptyseries>  <!-- hide empty series in the video library -->
</videolibrary>
<videoscanner>
    <ignoreerrors>true</ignoreerrors>
</videoscanner>
<video>
    <timeseekforward>15</timeseekforward>
    <timeseekbackward>-15</timeseekbackward>
    <subsdelayrange>240</subsdelayrange>
</video>
    <videodatabase>
        <type>mysql</type>
        <host>192.168.xxx.xx</host>
        <port>3306</port>
        <user>kodidb</user>
        <pass>xxx</pass>
    </videodatabase>
    <musicdatabase>
        <type>mysql</type>
        <host>192.168.xxx.xx</host>
        <port>3306</port>
        <user>kodidb</user>
        <pass>xxx</pass>
    </musicdatabase>
    <pathsubstitution>
        <substitute>
            <from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails</from>
            <to>nfs://192.168.xxx.xx/ThumbnailsDB</to>
        </substitute>
    </pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>

I noticed the TV Stick gets quite hot, which could be the reason, but I didn't notice an all too high CPU or Memory usage (7-30% CPUx4 and ~70% Mem usage on System info)

I'd really appreciate your Help to solve this problem!
You will need to provide a debut log to receive any useful assistance. Follow the link in my signature.

It is important that you replicate the problem while the debug mode is running, then upload the log. If you don't catch the problem in the log, nothing will show and the only response you will receive is... It all looks good.Smile
(2017-05-18, 21:32)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]You will need to provide a debut log to receive any useful assistance. Follow the link in my signature.

It is important that you replicate the problem while the debug mode is running, then upload the log. If you don't catch the problem in the log, nothing will show and the only response you will receive is... It all looks good.Smile

Thought so already, so I updated the xml to log again, I also tweaked the bufferfactor and buffersize a bit more according to the wiki which seems to have extended the time till the "crash" a bit more. I'll try to provide a log as soon as i get it replicated, which shouldn't be much of a problem Confused