Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video showing desktop on top and bottom (no black bars)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have Kodi installed on a single board computer and I have a weird problem playing videos.

Any video I play, with any resolution, on any resolution, will scale to the screen but where there is no video on the screen, instead of it being black, I can see my desktop and task bar. The top and bottom are completely transparent with the video in the center.

I've tried changing from fullscreen to windowed and it still does it.

It reminds me of using omxplayer on the raspberry pi where if you played a video it would do exactly what this is doing, and you could add the "-b" argument to make it actually fullscreen.

Is Kodi not using it's own video player because I've never had this problem before?

I was using the Kodi in the default debian repos, but to try to fix this problem I switched to the nightly repo and updated, which did nothing for the problem.

This is on the Tinker Board running Debian Stretch Kodi 17.1 nightly.

Raspberry Pi 3 worked perfectly fine with Kodi.

The Tinker Board has a Mali-T764 GPU.

Thanks for any help!
I am building Kodi from scratch at the moment on Debian Stretch on the Tinker Board.

Btw if developers are reading this, it would be great if there was a wiki for compiling on Debian. At least 3 of the packages were not available and a ton of them had different names.

It's building now, I'll post back how it goes.
Well it would not compile because of Dvdinputstreamnavigator and some other Dvd functions not compiling. The latest error was Branch out of range and was refferring to a file in /tmp so I was unable to see exactly what was going on. I think it might have to do with me using g++ 6.3, 4.7 isn't available on Debian Stretch.

I'm going to try to build Retropie (success so far) and then add the Kodi port and see if that will compile. I think retropie will add some flags that I'm not aware of.

Still would like some basic support for the Video problem though.