Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: DTS-HD and True HD Option not available
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am a newbie here and not very technical. So please bear with me. I have a HiMedia q10 pro connected to an arcam avr550 receiver. from the factory the q10 was running kodi 16.1 and all worked well the dts hd and true hd pass through. I had some problem so I needed to uninstall kodi from the q10. I reinstalled kodi 16.1 but this time dts hd and true hd passthrough were not working. I could only get as far as dts. under the audio settings in kodi I only had dts capable receiver. I did not dts-hd capable receiver or true-hd capable receiver in the settings.

I then installed 17.1 kodi on top. with 17.1 kodi I am not getting dts either anymore. I am wondering if someone can please assist. I would like to enable get dts-hd and true-hd working if it is possible. if not I will gladly revert back to 16.1 but will need to know how to get the option for dts-hd and true-hd.
Why not reading the sticky topic? http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=289735

Also as you might know: No Debug Log no issue <- This is a support forum and not providing relevant information is wasting everyone's time.
hi Fritsch I sincerely apologise. unfortunately I do not understand a lot of the information in the sticky. is there something I need to download or do I need to send debug log? will my device work with true-hd and dts-hd?
Have you simply forgotten to Enable "Expert" settings down in the bottom left of the Kodi screen to show all the HD Audio options ?

As Fritsch said you are not going to get HD Audio on the Q10 from Kodi Krypton unless you have the required IEC Audio code support in Android Firmware.
That is why people are asking for a Debug Log.

And I believe there were problems with HiMedia's IEC Audio code implementation anyway. You would have to ask for info on the Futeko Q10 support forums about the current working or not working status.
Hi WRXTASY. thank you for the reply. expert settings have been enabled. thank you for pointing me in the direction of futeko. I will speak to them.