Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Smartphone Remote via Bluetooth
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am creating a travelling Pi Zero W to take with me on vacations with the source being a USB drive. Since CEC will not be guaranteed, I am looking for other remote options without having to bring additional hardware along. Now I have been able to get Kore working with a hotspot enabled on my phone, but I am wondering if anyone has been able to get a bluetooth remote app working with Kodi. Pairing my phone usually results in a failed connection and I have tried a few random bluetooth remote apps that see the Pi, but have not been able to connect to it.

Current version is OSMC April 2017 and phone is a Moto G 5th generation (Android 7).
I have done some more searching in other sub forums and found a few cases where this is mentioned. To get this working, I'd have to install a unified remote server or root the phone and use a bluetooth keyboard/mouse app such as true mouse.

I'll stick to hotspot with Kore for now.
I don't think unified remote server on the Pi supports Bluetooth, only wifi.
It's better to just use the portable hotspot option.
Thanks for the information. I also use LG Smartphone. What APP did you use?
(2017-06-25, 14:42)sasuke84 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the information. I also use LG Smartphone. What APP did you use?
The built in hotspot on my phone.