Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Mint 17.3 [Kodi Crashing]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just updated Kodi today to the last version, and it crashes upon launch.

I get the following message:

Code:
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::regex_error'
  what():  regex_error
Aborted (core dumped)

Any ideas? Thanks!
It's apparently a common problem. Was reading on another thread. I think they said Kodi would rush out an update for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A
Known, identified and will be fixed with 17.3
If you need something working faster: Upgrade your oldish linux version to a version having a decent gcc compilert (> 5) and reinstall whatever kodi version you get via the ppa, make sure to reinstall kodi so that the proper packages are installed.
@OP - You should probably edit the title of your post since 17.3 is not yet out... I am assuming you meant 17.2?
He's referring to the linux version he's using: https://www.linuxmint.com/release.php?id=26
(2017-05-24, 23:17)DaVu Wrote: [ -> ]He's referring to the linux version he's using: https://www.linuxmint.com/release.php?id=26

AH! Thanks for the clarification.
(2017-05-24, 20:15)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]If you need something working faster: Upgrade your oldish linux version to a version having a decent gcc compilert (> 5) and reinstall whatever kodi version you get via the ppa, make sure to reinstall kodi so that the proper packages are installed.

I can wait. The Mint upgrade process is far from easy. It essentially mandates a full system backup, clean install, and data restore.

Being a software engineer makes it twice as bad because software dependencies and libraries are so fragile and react inexplicably to change -- I prefer not to change anything I don't have to.

Not sure why Mint hasn't looked into a more intuitive upgrade process (like Ubuntu), but it is what it is.

Thanks for the help.
Update has fixed my issue.

Thanks for the work guys. Great job!

Thread can be closed. Smile