Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 2 lists in one View
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
@braz glad you liked my idea.

Maybe you can help. I want different views in the MusicVisualization view. Is this possible?
You won't be able to do multiple views in music viz the same way you do in the music library, I'm afraid. You can add a radio button to the music viz osd to allow the user to turn on an alternate layout though. You'll just put both layouts in the music viz xml and set their visibility based on the radio button's value. Of course you're still limited to the infolabels that are available in music viz.
Ok. Can you tell me how I implement the Radio Button?
• 'Double lists' view for artists and albums
Image Image

• 'Triple lists' view for artists

With possibility to switch between the two :

What's the speed like?
(2017-05-30, 07:37)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]What's the speed like?

It's running fast for me.
Looking interesting guys. Smile

Please do a post on the Music Support subforum too when anything nice has been done in skins for music otherwise I tend to miss these things. Music could sure benefit from some more love like this. If some ideas need some core support then let me know.
(2017-05-30, 13:32)DaveBlake Wrote: [ -> ]Looking interesting guys. Smile

Please do a post on the Music Support subforum too when anything nice has been done in skins for music otherwise I tend to miss these things. Music could sure benefit from some more love like this. If some ideas need some core support then let me know.

Yes they are small issues with this kind of view.

- No context menu for second/third lists.
- When you launch song from second/third list (when you are in artist/albums views) Kodi launch one song. In song view Kodi launch all as playlist.
- Same with album cover is not retrieved on music visualisation, when song is launched in artist/albums views.
(2017-05-30, 07:37)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]What's the speed like?
Lists load almost immediately on my gaming PC. Except for the 1 or 2 artists that have a couple hundred albums. They take a few seconds to load, so guessing performance on a low powered device may not be that great.

Update: I took a closer look, not sure what is causing some album lists to load slowly. Pearl Jam has 166 albums and takes about 3-4 seconds to load. My Various Artists has 243 albums though, and it load instantaneously. The track list always load instantaneously, no matter how many tracks there are (I have one compilation with 500 tracks).
(2017-05-30, 13:48)Guilouz Wrote: [ -> ]Yes they are small issues with this kind of view.

- No context menu for second/third lists.
- When you launch song from second/third list (when you are in artist/albums views) Kodi launch one song. In song view Kodi launch all as playlist.
- Same with album cover is not retrieved on music visualisation, when song is launched in artist/albums views.
I can't confirm the 3rd one, I get album covers in music viz when played from the artists window. I've noticed the first two though, would be cool if we could have context menus and the ability to play an entire album.

One other thing I've noticed is that the tracks list shows all the tracks for a selected album, not just the tracks by the selected artist. It would be cool if we could filter the results to only show tracks by that artist (unless I'm missing something in my content tag that would do this).
My guess with the 3rd issue (album cover on music vis) is that it might be related to whether or not the actual file has artwork embedded in it or not (might also be dependent on what file type is used). I'm guessing that might have something to do with different loading times also.
99% of my songs are flac with no embedded artwork.
Well there goes that theory then!
Now everybody is giving up?

What about putting the code in a <window>
I don´t know how.
That problem solved Ronie long time ago..3 years. Smile
.(and I use for mine mod)

*First list - regular (Artist)
*Second list - context (Album)
Code:
<content>musicdb://artists/$INFO[ListItem.DBID]/</content>
put in list to triger script - script.playalbum
Code: