Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Green colors and/or garbled during video playback with ATI GPU
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I am starting this new thread to answer the questions that raised in other places Smile

I have ATI in one of my machines. With older drivers I had green colors playback. I upgraded to latest catalyst drivers from ATI webpage and now I don't have green during playback - I have garbaged display. Good video takes upper left corner of my monitor (regardless of video resolution) and 3/4 of the screen is taken by some strange artifacts. I have no problems on the machines with NVidia cards. So problem with green display is for sure connected to ATI drivers and ATI cards.

My .02USD

DP
I've already got the latest ATI driver but still it's green.

Here's my info -

Driver Packaging Version 8.453-080122a-059347C-ATI
Catalyst® Version 08.2
Provider ATI Technologies Inc.
2D Driver Version 7.01.01.730
2D Driver File Path /REGISTRY/MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/Class/{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}/0001
Direct3D Version 7.14.10.0555
OpenGL Version 6.14.10.7278
Catalyst® Control Center Version 2008.0122.1519.27310
Some more data for you:

ATI Radeon 9600XT
Catalyst 7.10
No green and good performance.
Hitcher Wrote:Direct3D Version 7.14.10.0555
OpenGL Version 6.14.10.7278
Interesting versioning scheme.

Also interesting is that even under Windows, ATI is having the same issue as it was under Linux.
Guys i download last ArtVandelae SDL/OpenGL release. Can someone explain me how can i see video in full coloring mode (not only green). Thanks!
BAG_Ass Wrote:Guys i download last ArtVandelae SDL/OpenGL release. Can someone explain me how can i see video in full coloring mode (not only green).

Did you bother to read other threads? There is a problem with some ATI Cards right now. Go grab some Nvidia and you all set
dpassent
with pleasure - but i have notebook and last drivers no "no green" support.
Last omega not work too. Trying to use microsoft OpenGL drivers. Sad
may be is the way to chanhge dll but i dunno how.
Guys!
I made tests and founв solution.
I use atioglxx.dll from last ATI driver and it works.

it`s version is 6.14.10.7277
d4rk Wrote:Interesting versioning scheme.
I have no idea what they mean.
d4rk Wrote:Also interesting is that even under Windows, ATI is having the same issue as it was under Linux.
I actually got colour when running Linux XBMC but it tears.
BAG_Ass Wrote:Guys!
I made tests and founв solution.
I use atioglxx.dll from last ATI driver and it works.

it`s version is 6.14.10.7277
Care to explain how please?
I copied atioglxx.dll into the xbmc dir and movies play fine now.. no green or other problems..
bigbw Wrote:I copied atioglxx.dll into the xbmc dir and movies play fine now.. no green or other problems..

Can you please explain? Directly into the XBMC folder, tried and no better here..
Morph Wrote:Can you please explain? Directly into the XBMC folder, tried and no better here..

not much else I can say.. I put a copy of the file into my xbmc dir (same one the exe and bat file are in) and the problem went away for me.. i am using the latest ati drivers..
I also have the same problem:

Video seems to play properly in the top left corner of the screen and then artifacts in 2 other places with copies of the video (middle of the screen, bottom right).

I tried putting the atioglxx.dll in the xbmc folder but this did not solve the problem. I am using the most current drivers from 2/13/08 from ati's website
consumption Wrote:I also have the same problem:

Video seems to play properly in the top left corner of the screen and then artifacts in 2 other places with copies of the video (middle of the screen, bottom right).

I tried putting the atioglxx.dll in the xbmc folder but this did not solve the problem. I am using the most current drivers from 2/13/08 from ati's website

Exact same problem here also.
wish I could help, but it solved my problem.. All i did was copy the atioglxx.dll in the xmbc dir and it plays fine now.. Did not take anything out, left the original file where it was and left all original files in xbmc dir..
Pages: 1 2 3 4