Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: xbmcfoundation.kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p!Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I just upgraded to 17.3 and every time I want to install from repository the app crashes with this error message
-> "xbmcfoundation.kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p!Kodi has stopped working"

Before I was using 16.1 and everything was working absolute fine with no issues.

I also deleted 17.3 and freshly installed a couple of times, same issue.

Did anyone experienced that too and has a solution?
Have you checked out this thread http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=311821 It's about a bug that materialized when the updating from 16 through 17. Grab the Kodi directly from the forum link instead of the windows store version it makes a debug log easier to find.
I already tried that before, and did try it again. No success :-(

I checked the other thread, but it was talking about Kodi crashing after upgrading.
I deleted all traces of Kodi and did a fresh install (5 times now) and the result is always the same.
As soon I want to "install from repositry", I choose the repositry, click on install and then within 1-2 minutes the error message comes up. I tried like 10 different repositries from various zip files/locations.
Always the same outcome. Very frustrating as it was working perfectly fine under 16.0 (the version I ran before)..

Any other things I could try?
Sorry, I'm a little confused, help me here... did a fresh install (5 times now) Is that a fresh install, indicated by my signature, deleting the C:\Users\Your_Computer_Name\AppData\Roaming\Kodi or are you just installing windows store versions over top of each other (the Userdata (wiki) Kodi folder is in a different location with the store version of Kodi) . Where are you seeing "install from repository", get this http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/win32/ko...rypton.exe as a download through your browser, then run the installer.

If the install doesn't produce a working Kodi, a proper debug log would be needed to go further. Getting the log with these directions Log file/Advanced (wiki) please note section 1.2 Turn on debugging using a file (advancedsettings.xml) will allow a log to be created even before the program runs. Submit this log to pastebin.com and copy the URL and list it in this thread.
We need a debug log showing the crashes when installing any addon from the official kodi repo.