Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Problem with Intel Kabylake Graphics and Hardware Acceleration on Kodi 17
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On my new laptop,which has an i5 7200U i cannot get hardware acceleration (VAAPI) to work.Whenever i try to play either a local file or a TwitchTv stream for example,the playback starts but i have got a black screen and only sound playing and either Kodi hangs after a few seconds or it continues with no picture at all until i try to stop whatever it is I'm playing at that moment which also results to a hang and then I have to manually kill Kodi.I did not have that issue with Kodi 16,where VAAPI was working fine. I am using Antergos (Arch) Linux and Kodi v17.
I tried to reproduce the issue in order to include it in the log file but I am unable to take the previous crashlog as the guide suggested.
Here it is what i have managed to get: https://paste.ubuntu.com/24681077/
My vainfo :
Code:
libva info: VA-API version 0.40.0
libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0
libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/dri/i965_drv_video.so
libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_0_40
libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0
vainfo: VA-API version: 0.40 (libva )
vainfo: Driver version: Intel i965 driver for Intel(R) Kabylake - 1.8.1
vainfo: Supported profile and entrypoints
      VAProfileMPEG2Simple            :    VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileMPEG2Simple            :    VAEntrypointEncSlice
      VAProfileMPEG2Main              :    VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileMPEG2Main              :    VAEntrypointEncSlice
      VAProfileH264ConstrainedBaseline:    VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileH264ConstrainedBaseline:    VAEntrypointEncSlice
      VAProfileH264ConstrainedBaseline:    VAEntrypointEncSliceLP
      VAProfileH264Main               :    VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileH264Main               :    VAEntrypointEncSlice
      VAProfileH264Main               :    VAEntrypointEncSliceLP
      VAProfileH264High               :    VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileH264High               :    VAEntrypointEncSlice
      VAProfileH264High               :    VAEntrypointEncSliceLP
      VAProfileH264MultiviewHigh      :    VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileH264StereoHigh         :    VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileVC1Simple              :    VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileVC1Main                :    VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileVC1Advanced            :    VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileNone                   :    VAEntrypointVideoProc
      VAProfileJPEGBaseline           :    VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileJPEGBaseline           :    VAEntrypointEncPicture
      VAProfileVP8Version0_3          :    VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileVP8Version0_3          :    VAEntrypointEncSlice
      VAProfileHEVCMain               :    VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileHEVCMain               :    VAEntrypointEncSlice
      VAProfileHEVCMain10             :    VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileHEVCMain10             :    VAEntrypointEncSlice
      VAProfileVP9Profile0            :    VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileVP9Profile0            :    VAEntrypointEncSlice
      VAProfileVP9Profile2            :    VAEntrypointVLD

Thanks in advance.
Latest and greatest syndrome :-)

Quote:20:38:45.679 T:140421711640320 ERROR: failed to import VA buffer NV12 into EGL image: 12296

Quote:20:35:32.386 T:140423248881344 DEBUG: Window Manager Name: GNOME Shell
20:35:32.661 T:140423248881344 ERROR: failed to initialize egl display

To make it short, your mesa is compiled in a wrong way:

Those are (nearly) all missing for you:
Quote:DEBUG: EGL_EXTENSIONS: EGL_CHROMIUM_sync_control EGL_EXT_buffer_age EGL_EXT_create_context_robustness EGL_EXT_image_dma_buf_import EGL_KHR_config_attribs EGL_KHR_create_context EGL_KHR_fence_sync EGL_KHR_get_all_proc_addresses EGL_KHR_gl_renderbuffer_image EGL_KHR_gl_texture_2D_image EGL_KHR_gl_texture_3D_image EGL_KHR_gl_texture_cubemap_image EGL_KHR_image EGL_KHR_image_base EGL_KHR_image_pixmap EGL_KHR_no_config_context EGL_KHR_reusable_sync EGL_KHR_surfaceless_context EGL_KHR_wait_sync EGL_MESA_configless_context EGL_MESA_drm_image EGL_MESA_image_dma_buf_export EGL_NOK_texture_from_pixmap EGL_WL_bind_wayland_display

See the EGL_KHR_image and the EGL_MESA_image_dma_buf_export. All not there for your installation.
Thank you very much for the fast response!
I don't have much knowledge in order to compile mesa drivers myself,i tried the AUR package to no avail,so i guess i'll be using kodi without VAAPI enabled.
Thank you for your time!
I'd ask on the arch linux forum - wasting Kabilake's capabilities cause of a distribution shortcoming (even if it is missing documentation) is not what I would do.
I will try over there as well,but since it's a relatively fresh install i might try Ubuntu where i think i've seen threads mentioning it can be easily fixed.Either way,thank you again!
(2017-05-27, 20:03)tagaricious Wrote: [ -> ]I am using Antergos (Arch) Linux and Kodi v17.

Antergos != Arch ... do you know if they compile the respective packages differently from Arch's PKGBUILDs? If there needs to be a modification to the official Arch PKGBUILD, a simple bug report will likely get the attention and fix if warranted.
(2017-05-28, 11:44)graysky Wrote: [ -> ]Antergos != Arch ... do you know if they compile the respective packages differently from Arch's PKGBUILDs? If there needs to be a modification to the official Arch PKGBUILD, a simple bug report will likely get the attention and fix if warranted.
If i rememver correctly they use Arch's repos for mesa, i even tried mesa-git from AUR but couldn't get it to work.Thank you for the input though.