Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Custom Widgets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Loving the skin but finding parts of it very confusing.

On my home menu I have created various specific items: News, LiveTV, All in ones,Sport, Categories

I have certainf adds ons installed - for simplicity lets call them Myaddon 1, My addon 2 etc. Most of the addons have sub categories and/or playlists

In other skins I have used Super Favourites to create a series of sub-folders those sub-folders contain super favourite shortcuts to a series of add-ons or to a discrete section of the add on (or in case of categories the top sub-folder contains a series of sub-sub-folders for animation, award winners, westerns etc and it is those sub-sub folders which contain the shortcuts). I then moved the super favourites into kodi favourites and created custom widgets for each specific kodi favourite. A bit cumbersome but it works (and is surprising flexible)

The same idea does not work in MQ7 as the widget will show kodi favourites but not allow me to use a specific favourite as the widget for a specific home menu item.

Any ideas how to achieve this? My one thought is to edit the settings.xml file (the one under the userdata folder) so where there is an entry "<setting id="menu5.widgets" type="string" ...</setting>" (assuming menu 5 was the correct home menu item) to ",setting id= "menu5.widgets" type="string" plugin://plugin.program.superfavourites/?....,/setting> (I can get the precise wording from the kodi build I have on another computer).

Please bear with me, I have not done any serious coding in 20 yrs and that was in C, so I am very much learning as I go along. What I have discovered using the Xonfluence skin is just how powerful the combination of Kodi Favourites, Super Favourites and ability to select a specific favourite as a widget can be. Whilst I could continue with Xonfluence, I prefer the design simplicity (maybe design language is the right term, not sure) of MQ7
I'm not sure if this is your answer but when you create the menu category in customise main menu, you have to select video node... Then point it in the right direction of the folder you want.... Hope it helps.