Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Krypton cannot connect to ONE SMB share (all others work)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So updated to Krypton last week. Everything was fine. Had a power outage last night.

System came up. But now it fails to connect to one specific networked drive I have. I have two more it connects to fine. (In fact it connects to almost any networked drive). The network drive it fails to connect is NAS02. I exit Kodi and I can connect to NAS02 via finder. I can play any files. I go back into Kodi. Go to files and try to browse there and says operation timed out. I tried to input a new source using the direct IP address of NAS02 and it cannot connect to it via Kodi but browsing via the actual Mac it works fine.

Very frustrating. Any help would be appreciated.
Stupid question maybe but did you try restarting the NAS after power outage?
(2017-05-29, 14:51)adrian7000 Wrote: [ -> ]Stupid question maybe but did you try restarting the NAS after power outage?

You know, it's not a stupid question. I didn't reboot the NAS because everything else was able to connect, Macs and PCs alike and I could log into the browser fine . This morning I looked and the kodi box could now browse via the file manager AND play the files on NAS02 from there but not from the video library. So I rebooted the NAS and that seemed to have fixed it.

I think what threw me was the host machine itself could browse to it just fine but inside Kodi it couldn't.