Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: optical & HDMI audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know dual audio threads had been discussed about 5 years ago and the conclusion was that you couldn't get HDMI & analog audio to work. But I thought optical & HDMI did work.
I have a receiver with a second zone that only takes analog inputs so I have an optical to analog converter attached to my HTPC. This worked fine with Kodi 16.x but since moving to 17.x it has stopped.
Has something changed in the settings that I need to reenable or am I just out of luck?
If I am out of luck can anyone suggest an HDMI splitter that will pass through the digital via HDMI AND stereo via RCA connectors?
Thanks in advance.
Use pulseaudio: http://kodi.wiki/view/PulseAudio - make sure to use pulseaudio 11 or later
I thought PulseAudio would mess with passthrough over HDMI?
Ah passthrough you also want to use - then no - no solution available.
So I was thinking about this in the middle of the night and came up with a pretty basic use case.
You've got a 5.1 surround sound set up with a slightly older receiver. This receiver doesn't have HDMI inputs, only optical.
In this setup you run your HDMI directly to your TV and optical your receiver.
It seems like this setup wouldn't work.
Am I missing something?
correct. Either passthrough or dual audio
(2017-06-06, 15:40)wsnipex Wrote: [ -> ]correct. Either passthrough or dual audio

That's what I thought I was reading. Glad I'm not in this particular situation. It doesn't seem that unusual and I'm surprised it isn't supported.

Thanks for the response.