Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Smart seek? How to activate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear Forum,

I am using the Kodi app on my iDevices after having used a Logitech Harmony via CEC from my TV to KODI.
I can't seem to get the smart seek feature (repeated presses on left/right seek +3, +5, +10, +30, ... seconds) to work.
Every time I press the right/left keys in the app Kodi skips only +/-10 seconds.
The ffwd, frev buttons above allow me to fwd with 1x, 2x, 4x, ... speed when I press them repeatedly.
I really loved the smart seek intervals and would like to use this in the app as well.

How can I activate this?

Note: I've checked the "Skip steps" settings in the app's video settings and they are set accordingly. Here the text refers to the "skip" buttons. Are these left/right or does this refer to the ffwd/frev buttons?
"Skip delay" is set to 750ms. Here the text reads "Only applies when using smart skipping". I presume that is what I want? Where can I find the setting to activate "smart skipping"?

Thank you!
Yea also have a Harmony and on Windows 10 i can only goes as far as 4 sec jump using advanced.xml
i do not use delay because i use up down for long jump
<advancedsettings>
<seeksteps>1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10</seeksteps>
</advancedsettings>

My Goal is to go frame by frame for perfect series Screenie, might be chewing over a bit to much
You could add them yourself and bind them to other buttons that work with the RC

<keymap>
<FullscreenVideo>
<keyboard>
<b>Seek(-7)</b>
<n>Seek(15)</n>
</keyboard>
</FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>
(2017-06-02, 21:03)kimkl Wrote: [ -> ]You could add them yourself and bind them to other buttons that work with the RC

<keymap>
<FullscreenVideo>
<keyboard>
<b>Seek(-7)</b>
<n>Seek(15)</n>
</keyboard>
</FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>

Hi kimkl,

and this will then work with the Kodi App? I don't want to use the IR harmony any more because of the long intra-key delays I experienced. The iPhone app is much more responsive here.
Or was your suggestions meant to change something for the Harmony remote?
Can anyone help me? The "problem" still exists? How can I use the KODI iOS remote control app to "smart skip" when I watch a movie?
For clarification I am talking about this feature: http://kodi.wiki/view/Skip_step
(2017-10-29, 14:59)cyberschlumpf Wrote: [ -> ]Can anyone help me? The "problem" still exists? How can I use the KODI iOS remote control app to "smart skip" when I watch a movie?
For clarification I am talking about this feature: http://kodi.wiki/view/Skip_step

Really no one? Is my question so unusual?
(2017-11-12, 14:45)cyberschlumpf Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-10-29, 14:59)cyberschlumpf Wrote: [ -> ]Can anyone help me? The "problem" still exists? How can I use the KODI iOS remote control app to "smart skip" when I watch a movie?

Really no one? Is my question so unusual?

I’m looking for exactly the same thing, looks like the official remote got abandoned with last update 2 years agon and such basic thing not working...