Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Install skin from zip?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,
Have got Kodi onto the iPad using Cydia Impactor. Now I want to install a skin from a zip file... how to get it onto the device in a place where Kodi can see it? iPad is not jailbroken, so most of the file system is not visible to Windows.
Ifunbox should let you copy files from win/OSX to your device. I do t think you would need root acces for that.

If you have used Kodi desktop version, you would have noticed that the Kodi iOS version comes with a different skin with no option to add .zip addon files. So first of all, you will need to revert to the desktop skin.

Go to Settings.
Now System –> Skin –> Estuary
Cheers for that.
Had already reverted to Estuary,had found Estouchy was a bit incomplete in that area :-)

iFunBox only lets you see the user file system unless jailbroken... I'm reluctant to do that since it isn't my iPad. But I dug around in the list of possible locations, and found that the Windows SMB access was able to get out (to some machines) So all OK.
(2017-06-03, 02:24)aegidius Wrote: [ -> ]Cheers for that.
Had already reverted to Estuary,had found Estouchy was a bit incomplete in that area :-)

iFunBox only lets you see the user file system unless jailbroken... I'm reluctant to do that since it isn't my iPad. But I dug around in the list of possible locations, and found that the Windows SMB access was able to get out (to some machines) So all OK.

Cheers!