Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Where to disable "First run help" dialog in code? How to set default HomeButton?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone, I have some question need your help. I want to edit Skin Confluence like the way I want to have.Just some small edit here, I don't know where and how to set on the code, I was try more way but still not success:

1. How to disable "First run help" dialog when I open addons category? It always show "First run help" dialog. I know I can edit on /userdata/addon_data/skin.confluence/settings.xml) - '<setting id="FirstTimeRun" type="bool">true</setting>. But I don't want to edit like this way, I want to disable it on code of this skin, I was try to find it but I don't know where and how to disable it, just only found this one in string.po:
msgctxt "#31411"
msgid "First run help..."
msgstr ""

2. I want to set default video addon shortcut in code, but I don't know where to set in code. From KODI 16 and KODI 17, skin confluence not save my setting for Home Buttons (video, music...). I know we can edit in /userdata/addon_data/skin.confluence/settings.xml but can you let me know where to set default in the code? I want to set some plugin like: HomeVideosButton1 = "plugin.video.youtube"...as default of Skin. I was try to edit something in the code but still not success.

So can you let me know where to set default for them in the code of Skin Confluence? Please help me, I'm so headache with it in these days, thank you very much!
1. Comment out this line:
Code:
<onload condition="!Skin.HasSetting(FirstTimeRun)">ActivateWindow(1112)</onload>
in /userdata/addons/skin.confluence/AddonBrowser.xml.
BUT....
It shouldn't be showing that every time, so something wrong is happening.

2. Confluence has never had the option to change home menu functions. It only has options to hide some of them.
This would be harder for you than number one above, but:
Open /userdata/addons/skin.confluence/Home.xml.
Search for <control type="fixedlist" id="9000"> That is the home menu list.
The <content> section of that list has the contents of the main menu. e.g.
Code:
<item id="4">
    <label>31951</label>
        <onclick>ActivateWindow(Pictures)</onclick>
        <icon>-</icon>
        <thumb>-</thumb>
    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoPicturesButton)</visible>
</item>
You can change what is within to point to an add-on etc. But there is more to it than that, as an original submenu will still be attached to that home menu item.
Perhaps using Xonfluence might be better?
Thank you for your answer Tikipeter.

1. I was try to remove this row: <onload condition="!Skin.HasSetting(FirstTimeRun)">ActivateWindow(1112)</onload> then open KODI 17 again but it still show the First Time Run dialog, I don't know why @@
2. It's so hard to do same as what I want, may be I need try with other Skin Smile