Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Import Library from 17.1 into 17.3?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can I import a library exported under 17.1 into 17.3?
Short answer is Yes, but to avoid confusion, tell us how you exported and what you are trying to achieve
It's a long story. I replaced my HTC about 3 weeks ago. I installed KODi 17.1 from scratch and rebuilt the database (I have all the metadadata files in the media folders). As you might expect, I spent a lot of time tweaking the interface and other stuff, but I also rebuilt my movie sets. None of the media drives were changed.

Everything was working fine until a couple of days ago. I noticed that two of the sets had disappeared. They were new sets, created recently ( about a week ago). Not only that, but the movies themselves didn't appear in the movie list of all movies. I fussed around a bit, but in the past this problem could always be corrected by simply relocating the folders with the movies somewhere out of KODI's range, updating and cleaning the library, then adding everything back in. There are even stranger things happening, but I don't want to belabor the point.

I have a single-file export that I ran right after I installed KODI from three weeks ago. Since things were working fine then, I thought I'd import that and see if it cleared things up.

Worse comes to worse, I still have the old HTC and it's not that far out of date. I can put it back into service while I try to figure things out on the new box.
Sounds like a corrupt database. Simply back up your current db files and replace them with the ones from your old htc.
That wasn't the question. It was whether I could import a database from version 17.1 into 17.3. Apparently the answer is yes.
Yes the db versions are identical. We do not change DB versions within a Kodi major version. http://kodi.wiki/view/Database_versions