Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: It begins for tvaddons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
addon sites do not help kodi foundation at all, in contrary they are parasites, harming the foundation itself +devs if those sites have illegal agenda.

** oops, the reply which this was supposed to be answer for has been deleted Smile. Anyways ^^ jsut saying.
I think everyones missed the detail that the only thing that makes Kodi stand out from the herd of media centers is the add-ons, without those it's just another player, no better or worse then the rest. And before anyone starts up on the legality of the add-ons, how many here have made electronic copies of dvds they own? Congratulations, you too are a pirate. No different than someone streaming.
(2017-06-14, 16:05)Pebcak Wrote: [ -> ]I think everyones missed the detail that the only thing that makes Kodi stand out from the herd of media centers is the add-ons, without those it's just another player, no better or worse then the rest. And before anyone starts up on the legality of the add-ons, how many here have made electronic copies of dvds they own? Congratulations, you too are a pirate. No different than someone streaming.

You seriously have no fucking clue what you are talking about. If you have nothing intelligent to contribute you might as well go away
(2017-06-14, 16:05)Pebcak Wrote: [ -> ]I think everyones missed the detail that the only thing that makes Kodi stand out from the herd of media centers is the add-ons, without those it's just another player, no better or worse then the rest. And before anyone starts up on the legality of the add-ons, how many here have made electronic copies of dvds they own? Congratulations, you too are a pirate. No different than someone streaming.

I made copy of my DVD/BluRay collection and use kodi for its library fonction

And no I'm not a pirate: private copy are allowed in my country for personal usage!
(2017-06-14, 16:08)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]

You seriously have no fucking clue what you are talking about. If you have nothing intelligent to contribute you might as well go away

Which part? The part that the addons make Kodi stand out from the pack or the copying of DVDs? Both are accurate, although the latter may vary from country to country in general it's illegal to make an electronic copy. It's still piracy. Notice I didn't say anyone should be doing it, just that it's just as illegal.
(2017-06-14, 16:14)Pebcak Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-06-14, 16:08)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]

Which part? The part that the addons make Kodi stand out from the pack or the copying of DVDs? Both are accurate, although the latter may vary from country to country in general it's illegal to make an electronic copy. It's still piracy. Notice I didn't say anyone should be doing it, just that it's just as illegal.

The part that Kodi is like any other dumb media player cause it's not. There's absolutely nothing compared to it! Add-ons are just a subset of the countless possibilities it can do but i guess you don't give a shit about that so for you it's useless.
While I know other sites will pop up to take their place and this will always be an issue to some extent. The Kodi piate addons scene has been too easy with the builds and sites like this.

When things start breaking en-mass a lot of the casual users will hopefully give up and leave, and things will hopefully go back to normal with the core Kodi users enjoying their software for its intended purpose.
How many users "like" or are "fond" of the kodi application is also irrelevant to the Kodi Project, or how popular it is also,
it is a loooooong ass project evolved from various changes,
seriously the pirate, broken, inconsistent stream from some shitty server has nothing to do with the the project, or the foundation,
"they dont have 1 line committed to Kodi codebase",
all they do is exploiting "so called" legacy and user expectations.
I am not a member of team Kodi at all, tbh, i was from the other side of the party, i know how they work internally trust me, I suggest you to open your eyes and analyse how these stuff work, have an understanding what the peoples motivations are.

If all the addons including legal + illegal, were to vanish in split second, how could it harm the kodi project? Kodi 16.1 is already released in various platforms and it works like a charm. Do you get what i am talking about?

Some people are giving that impression that addons make Kodi popular, intentionally, to make their illegal activities look important or like a mission? But it is a deception, and just like anything comes out of those services this deception is also broken Smile.
(2017-06-14, 16:16)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]The part that Kodi is like any other dumb media player cause it's not. There's absolutely nothing compared to it!

Well... Plex is pretty comparable. o.O
(2017-06-14, 18:22)DJ_Izumi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-06-14, 16:16)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]The part that Kodi is like any other dumb media player cause it's not. There's absolutely nothing compared to it!

Well... Plex is pretty comparable. o.O

Plex started as a XBMC fork
(2017-06-14, 16:14)Pebcak Wrote: [ -> ]Which part? The part that the addons make Kodi stand out from the pack or the copying of DVDs? Both are accurate, although the latter may vary from country to country in general it's illegal to make an electronic copy. It's still piracy. Notice I didn't say anyone should be doing it, just that it's just as illegal.

Is there some article out there that is misinforming people about what piracy is? This is at least the second time I've read this remarkably wrong conclusion in the past few days. If there is, here are the simple facts.

Piracy is generally defined as the sharing, copying, or performing of copyrighted content from one person to another person via the internet by people who do not have the legal authority to do so. In most cases, this is illegal, though not in all, as there are several exceptions or situations in which modern law hasn't yet caught up.

Piracy is not place shifting, time shifting, or format shifting, which is the act of copying content from one thing to another for personal use. Obvious legal examples of this are copying a CD to iTunes, recording stuff from over the air TV, or transferring a game you bought from GOG from one computer to another. There are also illegal examples of this, like doing anything that I just said in the UK, because of a recent, truly idiotic ruling that everyone on the planet is simply choosing to ignore. Or copying a DVD or Bluray in the United States, as doing so requires breaking encryption, which was made illegal by the DMCA.These acts, while illegal in some jurisdictions, are not "piracy" because they are not sharing, copying, or performing from one person to another, or for shorthand, they are not illegal, because they are not copyright violations. They are illegal because of laws unrelated to copyright.

Now, if someone could point me to the article that's informing them that breaking encryption for the purposes of place shifting is "piracy," I'd be grateful, because I need to go hit a journalist over the head with his own shoe.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piracy

Piracy is about taking something you are not entitled to.

DMCA bypassing is piracy as you are doing something that you should not do. (Same stupid law in Europe).

Violating Youtube TOS, is piracy because you do something you should not do Wink

You can call it differently in different place, doing something that is written do not do, is illegal and as such in most country associated with piracy.

In France, an Hacker is called Pirate, not related at all to copying copyrighted content.
While I completely understand why Kodi wants to distance itself from TvAddons and "denounce" piracy, I can't celebrate the demise of the site.

The fact is, the corporate content providers REFUSE to be compatible with Kodi. Why? I guess you would have to ask them. Those of you who have been around a while will remember when we had a perfectly function Hulu addon available on this website. The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and The Colbert Report had their own addons which also worked perfectly well.... most of the time at least.

Until suddenly one day they didn't. With no explanation of why not. Yeah, you can get Hulu on Android devices, or watch it on a Windows PC if you really want to. But my hardware runs better on the Linux LibreElec system, so why should I have to put up with Google's bloatware?

I'm not advocating piracy here. I would be perfectly willing to spend $11/month on a Hulu Plus subscription IF I could watch it on Kodi like I used to be able to do 3 or 4 years ago. I see there's a Playstation Vue add-on here now, and that's a great thing..... unless SONY gets all upset about it like HULU did and screws it up. Then what are the Playstation subscribers supposed to do? (Go to the Google bloatware, of course)

I'd like to see Netflix, Sling, and other such providers add Kodi to the list of devices they support. And I would definitely like to see UsTVNow - which is completely legal - return to this website.

It seems the corporate internet hates Kodi more because it's an open source platform than they do because of the "pirates" who have provided their own unauthorized access to the content when the corporations refuse to do so. One would think they would be more interested in expanding their subscriber base by offering their content on a platform that people actually want to use.
Tolriq, you linked to literal maritime piracy. But fortunately that wiki article includes a redirect to, you guessed it, copyright infringement, which is what piracy with regards to content is.
(2017-06-14, 20:10)Tolriq Wrote: [ -> ]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piracy

Can anyone verify that Kodi doesn't assist users in hijacking oil tankers and trying to ransom them?

PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW.

Is there an addon to automatically post my pirated oil tanker to eBay so that it's contents may be auctioned to the highest bidder?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7