Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Remove empty watched shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have some TV shows that I've finished watching (need the space back) so have deleted the files and the containing folder but in Kodi they still are listed as a show with no episodes after a library clean.

Is there an option somewhere or something I have to do to remove them?
Yes. I am assuming they are in your library via Main Menu>TV Shows.

1. Highlight the TV Show,
2. bring up the context menu,
3. select Manage,
4. select Remove from Library.

You stated you deleted the files for the TV Show. Did you delete the directory as well?

Hope that helps.
Thanks for you help but I think this is a weird one now...

Within Kodi I went into 'TV Shows' and the shows/files/folders I mentioned aren't there.
So I thought it had sorted itself out but when I go into the phone remote app and website version it still lists the shows but having no episodes to watch.

I tried from the app and website to clear it but doesn't look there's an option to do this, I checked the source folder and the original folders are gone.
If you are using the iPhone Kodi remote, you need to clear the cache. Do this by going...

1. iPhone Settings
2. Scroll down to and select Kodi Remote
3. Enable Clear cache on next start

That should clear the old entries.

Not sure what you mean by "website version" though
So I'm not using the official Kodi remote app but another, I tried the official one and I still see the empty shows even after enabling the option.
I run my Kodi on a Raspberry Pi so I put its IP into a browser with port :8080 on the end and I get a 'kodi' web page where it list the empty shows there as well.
Ok I just checked after a recent update to the box, some are gone but not all bizarrely.

So any ideas?
It looks like it might be some sort of bug Sad
There is an addon somewhere around here I think in the programs section that will clean your kodi "history". If you deleted the files/directory I believe that addon will take care of the rest for you.
That's one of them and should work. Let us know if it works for you
In the end I found another way via the forum by just deleting the .db files and restarting Kodi.

All good now Smile
Thread marked solved.