Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: PVR won't show which tuner ist used, the signal quality and so on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

I'm using a Mutant HD51 receiver running openATV 6.0 and the vu+/enigma2 pvr addon.
I was just wondering what might be the reason why the signal quality and the information which tuner of the Mutant is used ist not shown.

Are these information shown at your setup?
Hi Jemus

I also miss signal quality in my setup. I think it's not implemented, because the vuplus addon has no active developer and doesn't use the latest PVR API features. Sooner or later it will break, but until now it works with only a few optical problems
Just for testing purposes I created a m3u playlist with the streaming links provided by my Mutant HD51 and used this playlist with PVR IPTV Simple Client.
Signal quality and so on are not shown here either, but I didn't really expect that to work, because this pvr addon isn't built for these enigma2 receivers and to gather additional information like that.

You say the addon has no active developer, that's a pity. I just thought the developer would not actively support the addon in any board.
But looking at github, there are changes that have been done 17 days ago. Does not look totally inactive.
There are a few commits from the community (small bugfixes, ...), but most commits are only automatic language updates and API adaptions from the KODI core developpers.
They add or remove method stubs, but most of the time not the implementation (that's the job of an addon developper). Thank god the core developpers paid attention that API changes don't break old implementations, but that could change.
Until now the addon has no serious problems with its old API level, but you have to forego new API features (e.g. async connections, ...)
Well, that's good to know, thanks for the additional information.

Actually the vu+ addon did not work that well for me. It happend everyday that some channels could not be watched, even if Kodi was restarted these channels didn't work.

So for me the IPTV Simple Client is runnig more stable with my Mutant HD51 and DVB-T2 in Germany.
Unfortunately you can't start recordings with that addon but the stability is way more important for me.
Don't get me wrong, i don't want someone to advise against the vuplus addon. Even without the newest API features it works as expected, so kudos to the developpers.

For me it's incredible stable, but I only use DVB-S2. I use it on a pi, a S905X and an Intel HTPC and had only a few crashes with openATV 5 and since my update to openATV 6 not even one crash in the last 4 or 5 months
Which receiver are you using? Maybe the reason, why it is not that stable for me is either the Mutant HD51 I'm using, DVB-T2 (and the CI+ module) or openATV 6 is not that stable for the Mutant HD51.
At least on paper your Mutant should be more stable than my box. I have a Dcube R2 that not even has official support from the openATV team, but I don't use CI+ and H265

Perhaps the problem is DVB-T2. It's a new technology and has to mature a bit. And stabilization should last a while longer because germany makes his own brew with H265 while most other countries use H264 for DVB-T2.

Perhaps as an alternative to DVB-T2: You can integrate tv streams in your bouqets (with dreamboxedit) and public broadcasters are easy to find (https://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/Internet-TV/Stationen/) and not prohibited to use. But don't even try to use private broadcasters. I have used it as an alternative to DVB-T before I've bought my enigma box as central server for all clients