Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Remux timing out, original recording stopped early
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had an interesting situation occur tonight. I had set a timer to record the NBA Finals starting on time (6:00 PM pacific) and ending 60 minutes late. I started watching it at about 8:09 and quickly skipped to the middle of the second quarter as I had watched the first quarter at a friends. After watching for an hour and a half, playback stopped with what I believe it was stream timeout in Kodi. I started the file again and it asked if I wanted to resume from about 1:30 and I said yes. I believe this time it was no longer in the active recording folder. It picked up and continued playing the rest of the recording. Unfortunately, the recording ended after 2 hours and 38 minutes which left about 3 minutes left in the game.

Windows media center says the recording was successful and started and ended as planned:
2017 NBA Finals: Golden State Warriors at Cleveland Cavaliers started recording on 6/7/2017 6:00:05 PM and stopped on 6/7/2017 8:37:36 PM as scheduled.

Here is the ServerWMC log: https://pastebin.com/P9E4k5Ys
I'll check the log to see why the stream stopped early,but the recording length itself is controlled by wmc. So you are saying that the recording isn't really as long as wmc is reporting?
The recording is exactly as long as it says in the log (2:37) but in Kodi the guide said it was 2.5 hours and the Kodi timer end padding time was set to 60 min. So it should have recorded from 6:00 to 9:30. For some reason it stopped at 8:37:36. I can't find anything that indicates why it stopped. I don't know how the end padding time is handled in WMC. The end padding time in WMC for the series was set to "1 hour when possible". I didn't have any other recordings scheduled or anyone else watching TV. Just now I changed it in WMC to be "1 hour" to try to force the end padding.

Do the "Force Padding" options on the record tab in ServerWMC still do what they say in Kodi 17? They are not currently checked. Looks like WMC decided for some reason to stop the post padding?
Did you schedule the recording from kodi or wmc? By default if you schedule with kodi after kodi17 (or was it 16? I can't recall), the default is to ignore padding settings in wmc and use kodi's padding. So where did you schedule it? The important point being that serverwmc doesn't change recordings scheduled in wmc, and wmc doesn't change recordings set by kodi.

The force padding options in serverwmc still work, but only on recordings that are scheduled in kodi.

I believe you can still override this behavior and have serverwmc always use wmc padding settings. You need to do this in the settings file.

fyi: for sports events I always use the serverwmc option to extend the padding for sports, and I usually use 2 hours.
oops, I see now that you said the end padding time was set to one hour in kodi, so I am not sure why it quit early if there was no reason to free the tuner. The next time you test, check to make sure the end padding is what you expect by looking at the timer set in kodi and view the same 'timer' in wmc.
A similar thing happened again today during the US Open. It was an exceptionally long recording which I was watching for most of the day. This time it says the recording was manually stopped. Here is the WMC Error Message from recording history: https://imagebin.ca/v/3QTG1mLn4LH7

Here is the ServerWMC log with a chunk extracted for size purposes. https://pastebin.com/p9M7455h There is ServerWMC activity at the exact moment WMC says the recording stopped but not a whole lot of information.

In both situations, the following was displayed: ScheduleEventStateChanged> updating tuner status
Not sure if it may be related to a cause or just be a result.

Thanks Krusty!
Hi sbt,

It looks like, somehow, your hdhr tuner suddenly no longer provids the recorder object. You'll notice in your swmc log that there are suddenly a bunch of errors thrown because it can no longer get this object from the driver and that's what kills the stream. I assume that this is the same thing wmc is complaining about, when wmc reports that something make the tuner unavailable.

My guess is its a problem with your hdhr driver software/hardware and that this would happen just with wmc, regardless of serverwmc, but having never seen this before its hard to say for sure. I don't have much time to spend looking at it this week as I'm traveling, but I will look more when next week.