Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi on Linux
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a Linux box, setup for TV. Works great, but Kodi isn't on it, is it a big deal to install Kodi at this point.
? You've told us nothing about your hardware or what version of Linux it is running.

Help us to help you by providing some actual information.
Sorry it was sort of a generic question about whether it could be done or not. I saw the link above, googled it earlier. Was hoping for an actual APP, I'll dig deeper into that link above as well.

Ill send that info

thanks
(2017-06-09, 19:52)pcontarioguy Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry it was sort of a generic question about whether it could be done or not. I saw the link above, googled it earlier.

If you saw that link already, then the question doesn't make sense, doesn't it? Wink

If there is a wiki about "How to install Kodi on Linux", it should "generally" be possible.

(2017-06-09, 19:52)pcontarioguy Wrote: [ -> ]Was hoping for an actual APP,

Linux is not Android, but for some Linux distros there are software centers which provide programs/packages like apps you know from some app-stores. Note that those mostly provide outdated versions of Kodi. So you need to tell us at least the Linux distro you are using. After that we can lead you through the commands which are needed to get the actual Kodi version on your machine and what might be best for you and what not.

Don't be shy if your Linux knowledge isn't that good. We all aren't gurus and nobody is perfect. But probably we can give you some hints to get a nice Kodi experience.
The most important info missing is: which hardware do you have?