Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Unable To Add Different Movie Folders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, hope this is the right section.... am having a wee issue with Krypton, I have several movie folders but for the sake of typing this out lets go with 2. I have a folder containing my movies and have added this to my library. I also have a folder full of the kids movies but when I try to add this it puts everything in the movies folder. On Jarvis I could go into video's/files/root directory/ etc. all the way to the specific folder I wanted to add then afterwards create a smart playlist to that folder whereby it would only display the kids movies.

Am not able to separate my movies on Krypton as when I try to access root directory it does nothing, try to access external drive it only shows storage/emulated0. Am at my wits end with this and am on the verge of uninstalling it and side loading Jarvis, rebuilding my library so it looks all pretty and playlisted and then updating via the play store back to Krypton. Would rather not go this route. Am guessing I'm missing something simple here but I've been battling this for 3 nights now. When I was on Jarvis the home screen would display MOVIES (where I, well, had my movies) and underneath that the sub menus were down as Kids Movies, My Movies, Wife's Movies, 3d, Movie Collection. From what I remember all the folders had been added as a source. This is what I'm looking to do with Krypton. My media is on a USB Drive and I use Aeon Nox on an NVidia Shield tv, 2015 16gb model.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks.