Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to update IMDB ratings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, is it possible to update imdb ratings and how? (it seems the ratings dont change when i rescan my library)

thanks!

Gordy
rescanning the library could mean, that it´s more a "library update" than a complete rescan. If it´s updating the library, then Kodi will only check if there´s some new files and will probably skip existing ones.

To get a complete fresh info, you have to enter the movie information (pressing "i" on a normal keyboar, for example) and select "refresh" from the option you have in that view.

If you are using NFO files for you library, Kodi will complain with something like: "Local information found. Ignore and scan online? - Yes/No", wihch should be answered with "yes" to get a complete fresh info from the scraper. Note, that the info is not yet in the nfo file then and only in the database. You have to export the database and overwrite existing nfo files then.

If you don´t use NFO files, then just update the movie information and everything should be done.
(2017-06-12, 10:42)DaVu Wrote: [ -> ]rescanning the library could mean, that it´s more a "library update" than a complete rescan. If it´s updating the library, then Kodi will only check if there´s some new files and will probably skip existing ones.

To get a complete fresh info, you have to enter the movie information (pressing "i" on a normal keyboar, for example) and select "refresh" from the option you have in that view.

If you are using NFO files for you library, Kodi will complain with something like: "Local information found. Ignore and scan online? - Yes/No", wihch should be answered with "yes" to get a complete fresh info from the scraper. Note, that the info is not yet in the nfo file then and only in the database. You have to export the database and overwrite existing nfo files then.

If you don´t use NFO files, then just update the movie information and everything should be done.

Thanks, but is it possible to do a refresh of the imdb ratings to all the movies at the same time or should i do it one by one?
Maybe this is what you might be looking for... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=167754

I haven't read to much into it, but I believe you are required to register or obtain an API key to use.