Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 18 - Crashing when "Jumping to Time"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All of the latest builds are crashing when trying to skip to a time in movies and shows. (skipping, scrollbar dragging and entering times)

The quality of the movie doesn't appear to be a factor. It's happening with local content as well as network content. It doesnt seem to crash with the first few skips back and forward after a video has been playing for a few seconds, if skipping a few times at once or trying to jump a fair bit ahead kodi crashes.

Fast forward and rewind does not cause kodi to crash.

I'm using android 7, its happening on multiple devices, even after completely fresh installs.

The crashes are also happening on some of the latest krypton builds, I can't remember which build did not have this issue.

I'm using the Estuary skin.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?
Post a log file
Log file posted here, with debugging enabled:

https://pastebin.com/kUasTh5d
Thanks for the log file. If I'm not mistaken, and a dev can chime in, I think this has been an issue on android for quite some time. Both of my android devices running 17.3. If I FF or RW at 8x, 16x or 32x, it will freeze the video once I press play, but continue to play the audio. After about 10-20 seconds, the video will unfreeze and sync right up. I was also able to duplicate the crash. If I FF or RW for more than a few minutes, it will completely freeze and take me back out to my video selection menu, then I can resume from there. This is all with local content on my server over SMB. I am going to load SPMC on one of my boxes and see how it handles.