Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Light IMDb Ratings Update 5.1.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-05-21, 00:32)Warner306 Wrote: [ -> ]Am I the only one out there who does not have commas with the number of votes? What's worse is all new titles are being scanned into the library without commas for the number of votes. I assume this is due to the fact Light IMDb Ratings Update is always running in the background?

This is impacting scraping by both the Universal Movie Scraper and The TVDB scrapers, so I don't think I can blame the scraper.

Hi Warner306,

Can you report a practical example about the issue you are experiencing and how do you think it could be related to the background operation of the add-on? Indeed, the add-on doesn't do nothing more than check if the time for an update is arrived (if you have configured it for a scheduled update of course).

Do the other scrapers you mentioned have the same issue? So, may be, is a problem related to a change of the IMDb site pages.
(2018-05-03, 13:02)xbozzo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-05-03, 09:14)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ] The point is that once updated, the context menu window will have to pop-up again and the user will have to close it manually; actually it closes after the update and the user need to enter the information page of the movie to see the new vote.
I did not mean to have the pop-up opens again, just to show the actual rating (IMHO, if you have the rating already, you can show it) :-) then, after an update, the user can open the pop-up again (if he likes to) and see, if there is a difference).

Oh, and thanks for the help. I see it now, its under "Program Addons". %-)

Nice day too. 
Ok, I will take this into account in case of a new version.

Cheers,

Alex
(2018-05-19, 03:49)aussie_huddo Wrote: [ -> ]First off I love the add-on and all the work you do for it.

Just a quick suggestion. Is it possible to add a stand-alone IMDB Top 250 Movies update like you can do with the IMDB Ratings Update add-on?
Hi!

I guess I have answered to a similar question some time ago. Since information of rating, votes and Top 250 are in the same movie description page, it has no sense to scrape for just one of such information. Update only Top 250 will take the same time as updating ratings and votes too. Btw since the Top 250 position is related to the rating itself, I would personally prefer to maintain them coherent and aligned (i.e. update both); if you are interest only in the rating, you can do that (no Top 250)...but if you are interested in Top 250, to me it logically implies the update of the rating too.

Alex
(2018-05-22, 08:39)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-05-19, 03:49)aussie_huddo Wrote: [ -> ]Just a quick suggestion. Is it possible to add a stand-alone IMDB Top 250 Movies update like you can do with the IMDB Ratings Update add-on?
Since information of rating, votes and Top 250 are in the same movie description page, it has no sense to scrape for just one of such information. Update only Top 250 will take the same time as updating ratings and votes too.
 I guess, what he really was asking for, is a single option to just scan the TOP 250 movies from the IMDB site, and compare those found movies (their tt.. numbers) with the movies in his own database and then update them accordingly (of course with the ratings as you wrote), so he has an state of the art Top250 in Kodi.
(2018-05-21, 00:32)Warner306 Wrote: [ -> ]Am I the only one out there who does not have commas with the number of votes? What's worse is all new titles are being scanned into the library without commas for the number of votes. I assume this is due to the fact Light IMDb Ratings Update is always running in the background?

This is impacting scraping by both the Universal Movie Scraper and The TVDB scrapers, so I don't think I can blame the scraper.
 Had the same problem here for a while. Not sure if its the addon, my skin, the universal movie scraper or a script causing it.
(2018-05-26, 00:47)xbozzo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-05-22, 08:39)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-05-19, 03:49)aussie_huddo Wrote: [ -> ]Just a quick suggestion. Is it possible to add a stand-alone IMDB Top 250 Movies update like you can do with the IMDB Ratings Update add-on?
Since information of rating, votes and Top 250 are in the same movie description page, it has no sense to scrape for just one of such information. Update only Top 250 will take the same time as updating ratings and votes too. 
 I guess, what he really was asking for, is a single option to just scan the TOP 250 movies from the IMDB site, and compare those found movies (their tt.. numbers) with the movies in his own database and then update them accordingly (of course with the ratings as you wrote), so he has an state of the art Top250 in Kodi. 
This is what I had in mind, and also perhaps an option to export a list of missing TOP 250 movies to a txt file??
(2018-06-03, 04:07)aussie_huddo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-05-26, 00:47)xbozzo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-05-22, 08:39)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]Since information of rating, votes and Top 250 are in the same movie description page, it has no sense to scrape for just one of such information. Update only Top 250 will take the same time as updating ratings and votes too. 
This is what I had in mind, and also perhaps an option to export a list of missing TOP 250 movies to a txt file?? 
Sorry, but may be I'm really missing the added value of such an option. What is going to bring more than what the addon is already doing?

Anyway I could consider it in a next major release of the addon (i.e. passage to python 3 for the next releases of Kodi). Sorry but at the moment I'm busy with another project. For the time being I will correct just bugs or add very basics features, if needed.
Hi,
I am a real noob for kodi on android.
I have an android box and I would like to know how to install this add-on?
Do I just need to download the zip and do an 'install from zip'?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

And sorry again for this really noob question  Eek
(2018-06-16, 11:05)EveMene Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
I am a real noob for kodi on android.
I have an android box and I would like to know how to install this add-on?
Do I just need to download the zip and do an 'install from zip'?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

And sorry again for this really noob question  Eek
Hi EveMene,

You already gave the correct answer to yourself!  Nod Nerd
@axlt2002 

Thanks for my answer  Rofl  (and your help  Wink )...
finally got around to trying this mod, since the olds ones stopped working.

This works a treat, thanks! Although i did have to disable rating updates for episodes in the settings, as it kept getting stuck on the same tv show.

Thanks though, this the only mod i install thats not from the repo, such a good thing to have. Any chance it will find its way into the repo, whats stopping it making the cut?
Forget to thank for this add-on.
Really useful...
(2018-06-21, 04:12)inv3ntor Wrote: [ -> ]finally got around to trying this mod, since the olds ones stopped working.

This works a treat, thanks! Although i did have to disable rating updates for episodes in the settings, as it kept getting stuck on the same tv show.

Thanks though, this the only mod i install thats not from the repo, such a good thing to have. Any chance it will find its way into the repo, whats stopping it making the cut?
Hi inv3ntor,

Thanks a lot for your post.

Can you please provide the TV Show for which you had the ratings update stuck? In addition, also a log could be really useful; please refer to the first post for the informatoin on how to provide it.

I tried some time ago to check if the add-on could be accepted inside the Kodi repository, but at that time (and I think is still the case) I would have to modify different parts of the code to make it compliant with the official add-ons specifications. Since it was not a priority, I put it on hold. A way that I want to try (again), is to provide a specific repository. Hope to have time to do that shortly...

Have a great day!
Hi guys,

A new release of Light IMDb Ratings Update is available! Changelog as follow:

v3.4.1 (2018-06-23)
  • Fixed bug when show update progress is disabled
  • Added actual rating, votes and Top 250 in the context menu

Hope you will enjoy,

axlt2002
No updates are found by my Kodi