Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Light IMDb Ratings Update 5.1.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-01-25, 21:03)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]oooh, any new features?
I'm actually reviewing the approach for updating the ratings of the TV shows...first tests ongoing...looking for a really consistent improvement of the performances in terms of time...and it seems it works quite nice!  Nerd

I will keep you updated! Nod
(2019-01-28, 09:27)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-01-25, 21:03)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]oooh, any new features?
I'm actually reviewing the approach for updating the ratings of the TV shows...first tests ongoing...looking for a really consistent improvement of the performances in terms of time...and it seems it works quite nice!  Nerd

I will keep you updated! Nod 
1500 episodes updated in around 1 minute and 25 seconds...seems not so bad!  Smile
(2019-01-28, 09:23)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-01-27, 18:27)Comma Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for getting back, from what I recall I did try with that setting set to true and it didn't make a difference, but I will try it again just need some time to check.
 Mmmmmmmm...that sounds weird...anyway, as soon as you will have additional information, just let me know.

Have a great start of the week! 
 I'm happy to report that your Addon do work as intended, I don't no why it didn't the other day, thanks man.... Wink
(2019-01-30, 20:11)Comma Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-01-28, 09:23)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-01-27, 18:27)Comma Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for getting back, from what I recall I did try with that setting set to true and it didn't make a difference, but I will try it again just need some time to check.
 Mmmmmmmm...that sounds weird...anyway, as soon as you will have additional information, just let me know.

Have a great start of the week!  
 I'm happy to report that your Addon do work as intended, I don't no why it didn't the other day, thanks man.... Wink 
Happy to read that! Thanks for reporting!

Have a nice day,

Alex
Hello everyone,

I'm proud to announce Light IMDb Ratings Update 4.0.0! The changelog is as follow:

v4.0.0 (2019-02-04)
  • New IMDb scraping method for TV shows
  • Added Internet connection check
  • Revised context menu
  • Revised log file
  • Revised settings
  • Fixed bug in scheduled update
  • Other minor update

The main new is a completely reviewed scraping method for TV shows, targeting to increase the performances in terms of update time and reducing the number of update issues for the episodes due to the lack of the IMDb IDs. Compared to the version 3.5.1, my tests over a TV shows library consisting of 22 TV shows for a total of around 1500 episodes showed an update time reduction from 8 minutes, 22 seconds to 1 minute, 18 seconds for the first update (i.e. no IMDb IDs available) and from 5 minutes, 19 seconds to 1 minute, 10 seconds for the following ones. It would be great if you can report your experience as well!  Nod

The add-on settings have been also drastically simplified and the log file completely reviewed. I'm quite confident in a good work, but since I have tested the new version just over my Kodi library, please be patient in case you will find some issues and just report them in this thread by posting the update.log on Pastebin (please read the first post for further information).

Have a great day!

axlt2002
Hi, I've just lunched version 4.0 on Leila 18 RC4 on RPI3 (Rasbian) and I have got time:

178 movies: on v3.5.1 50 sec -> on v4.0.0 15 sec (first lunch) -> 15 sec (second lunch) 
30 TV Shows, 350 episodes: on v3.5.1 48 sec -> on v4.0.0 2 min (first lunch) -> 46 sec (second lunch)
(2019-02-05, 00:13)szwagier44 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I've just lunched version 4.0 on Leila 18 RC4 on RPI3 (Rasbian) and I have got time:

178 movies: on v3.5.1 50 sec -> on v4.0.0 15 sec (first lunch) -> 15 sec (second lunch) 
30 TV Shows, 350 episodes: on v3.5.1 48 sec -> on v4.0.0 2 min (first lunch) -> 46 sec (second lunch)
Thanks szwagier44 for reporting back your experience!

Just one question for clarification: the first launch with 4.0.0 for the TV shows has been made on a clean library (i.e. refreshed content trough TMDB or TVDB scraper in Kodi)? Of course it makes sense just to compare the 48 sec of 3.5.1 with the 46 sec of 4.0.0 since in such cases IMDb IDs are present; looking at your library (30 TV shows and 350 episodes), means that you have just few episodes for each TV show: may be just one season for each TV show or few episodes for different seasons; in both cases (the second would justify even more) the performances can not be so much different when compared to version 3.5.1. In addition to that, more in general, as much as the library is small (i.e. few episodes), the smaller is the difference in performances between the two versions

Have a nice day!
Hey axlt2002,

So, i updated "The Incredible Hulk" manually and it changed the ratings to IMDb's. I don't understand why it worked manually in comparison to running the add-on. But it's fixed.

The only TV series i've noticed not having IMDb ratings on episodes are the ones that do not have the corresponding IMDb id numbers on episodes, like "Battlestar Galactica" or "The 4400". I'd like to add the id numbers manually but that kind of editing is locked on TheTVDB.

Do you know when you're releasing the updated version of "Light IMDb ratings update"? I'm curious to know how your add-on will work without looking into IMDb id numbers for the corresponding ratings. I don't know if it's silly or not, but has there been thoughts on incorporating your add-on directly into Kodi so that it works natively without add-on?

Thanks for all your assistance.
(2019-02-05, 12:42)Adriano de Brito Wrote: [ -> ]Hey axlt2002,

So, i updated "The Incredible Hulk" manually and it changed the ratings to IMDb's. I don't understand why it worked manually in comparison to running the add-on. But it's fixed.

The only TV series i've noticed not having IMDb ratings on episodes are the ones that do not have the corresponding IMDb id numbers on episodes, like "Battlestar Galactica" or "The 4400". I'd like to add the id numbers manually but that kind of editing is locked on TheTVDB.

Do you know when you're releasing the updated version of "Light IMDb ratings update"? I'm curious to know how your add-on will work without looking into IMDb id numbers for the corresponding ratings. I don't know if it's silly or not, but has there been thoughts on incorporating your add-on directly into Kodi so that it works natively without add-on?

Thanks for all your assistance.
Hi Adriano,

The new version has been realeased yesterday (see this post). Give it a try and let me know...

@Karellen, as now the topic treated in this thread is Light IMDb Ratings Update related, would it be possible to move the last post from Adriano in the other thread and close this one? Thanks in advance for any help!
Hi,

after upgrading to Leia yesterday I switched over from the old IMDb update plugin to this one.
I only want to use it for my movies at the moment so I checked 'update ratings' and 'include votes and top250'
Now when using the plugin the top 250 rankings gets shown in my library but they are not the same compared to the IMDb page.
Ratings and votes doesn't get touched at all.

I don't know if this has something to do with me using the Emby for Kodi plugin. As Emby doesn't have vote count, all my movies in the Kodi library have a vote count of '0' but the rating is the one that gets imported from Emby.
Shouldn't this plugin still update votes and ratings? And why is there a difference in the top250 ranking compared to the IMDb page?
(2019-02-05, 14:33)Maaarv Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

after upgrading to Leia yesterday I switched over from the old IMDb update plugin to this one.
I only want to use it for my movies at the moment so I checked 'update ratings' and 'include votes and top250'
Now when using the plugin the top 250 rankings gets shown in my library but they are not the same compared to the IMDb page.
Ratings and votes doesn't get touched at all.

I don't know if this has something to do with me using the Emby for Kodi plugin. As Emby doesn't have vote count, all my movies in the Kodi library have a vote count of '0' but the rating is the one that gets imported from Emby.
Shouldn't this plugin still update votes and ratings? And why is there a difference in the top250 ranking compared to the IMDb page?
Hi Maaarv, thanks for writing.

Please use the last version 4.0.0 released yesterday and report back if the issue is still present. Anyway 3.5.1 should work properly but from now on I will provide support just on the latest version.

Let me know.
(2019-02-05, 09:46)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]Just one question for clarification: the first launch with 4.0.0 for the TV shows has been made on a clean library (i.e. refreshed content trough TMDB or TVDB scraper in Kodi)? 
 No, you run 4.0.0 after using 3.5.1, so library was refreshed thru your addon.

I notice, two another problems using 4.0.0:

1. Progress bar of refreshing TVShows library is "messy", because shows % of complete whole refreshing and refreshing one tv show, changing every second. It's very unreadable.
2. In kodi log when runnig your addon I got:
Quote: ERROR: /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/cryptography/hazmat/bindings/openssl/binding.py:163: CryptographyDeprecationWarning: OpenSSL version 1.0.1      is no longer supported by the OpenSSL project, please upgrade. A future version of cryptography will drop support for it.
utils.CryptographyDeprecationWarning
my version on python cryptography version in 2.4.1 and python and openssl as below:
Quote:pi@raspberrypi:~ $ python --version
Python 2.7.13
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ python -c "import ssl; print ssl.OPENSSL_VERSION"
OpenSSL 1.1.0j  20 Nov 2018
pi@raspberrypi:~ $
any suggestion.?
I've tried the last version and version 4.0.0 on Kodi 18....
I do not download TV Shows, but instead use Trakt to sync them as a widget...  Anyways, I **still** can't get IMDB ratings... Still uses TVDB ratings (which are obviously useless).
When running this add-on from the context menu, either directly from the episode or from the main title screen, it consistenly gives errors.

Is this SUPPOSED to work only on downloaded shows or on trakt - synced shows as well?

Thanks for your hard work, btw.  The community thrives on people like you!
(2019-02-05, 19:06)szwagier44 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-02-05, 09:46)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]Just one question for clarification: the first launch with 4.0.0 for the TV shows has been made on a clean library (i.e. refreshed content trough TMDB or TVDB scraper in Kodi)? 
 No, you run 4.0.0 after using 3.5.1, so library was refreshed thru your addon.

I notice, two another problems using 4.0.0:

1. Progress bar of refreshing TVShows library is "messy", because shows % of complete whole refreshing and refreshing one tv show, changing every second. It's very unreadable.
2. In kodi log when runnig your addon I got:
Quote: ERROR: /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/cryptography/hazmat/bindings/openssl/binding.py:163: CryptographyDeprecationWarning: OpenSSL version 1.0.1      is no longer supported by the OpenSSL project, please upgrade. A future version of cryptography will drop support for it.
utils.CryptographyDeprecationWarning
my version on python cryptography version in 2.4.1 and python and openssl as below:
Quote:pi@raspberrypi:~ $ python --version
Python 2.7.13
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ python -c "import ssl; print ssl.OPENSSL_VERSION"
OpenSSL 1.1.0j  20 Nov 2018
pi@raspberrypi:~ $
any suggestion.? 
Hi szwagier44,

1) The progress bar looks "messy" because the add-on uses a multi-thread approach, so that there are 8 parallel threads running at the same time and (in general) related to different TV shows...that is why you see the progress bar going up and down and I have already tried to minimize such "effect" as much as possible. If you can not live with that, just disable the progress update status in the add-on settings; you can just maintain the notifications about the update itself to be advised about its start and finish.

2) I'm not a Raspberry Pi user so may be I'm missing something here but I do not see any relation between my add-on and that message (versions 3.5.1 and 4.0.0 uses the same modules dependencies, nothing has been changed with respect to that). Anyway it doesn't seem to be a blocking error. I know that Leia will be the latest Kodi version supporting python 2.x and from the next release only python 3 will be used. Python 2.x is quite old now, and may be that is just a warning message...

Have a nice day!
(2019-02-05, 20:47)SgtSlicer Wrote: [ -> ]I've tried the last version and version 4.0.0 on Kodi 18....
I do not download TV Shows, but instead use Trakt to sync them as a widget...  Anyways, I **still** can't get IMDB ratings... Still uses TVDB ratings (which are obviously useless).
When running this add-on from the context menu, either directly from the episode or from the main title screen, it consistenly gives errors.

Is this SUPPOSED to work only on downloaded shows or on trakt - synced shows as well?

Thanks for your hard work, btw.  The community thrives on people like you!
Hi SgtSlicer and welcome on board of Kodi!

I'm not a user of Trakt so may be I dind't understand well your point. I can just say that the add-on works with the Kodi libraries and therefore you should have some folders set as source for your movies and/or TV shows and such folders should contain the related video files (.avi, .mkv, .strm, whatever). I don't know if movies/TV shows syncronized with Trakt as you explained are actually part of the Kodi libraries in some way...if not, of course the add-on can not work.

Let me know.