Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Light IMDb Ratings Update 5.1.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Didnt post in a long time, what has changed for now being 2 versions? 3.5.2/4.1.1?

Using Leia 18.5 ver 3.5.0. What should I update to?
(2020-01-23, 03:11)djhifi Wrote: [ -> ]Didnt post in a long time, what has changed for now being 2 versions? 3.5.2/4.1.1?

I think that this post can be of general help to understand the logic behind the twos!  Wink Please refer to the changelog in the first post to see what has been specifically added to current versions 3.5.2 and 4.1.1.

Cheers!
(2020-01-24, 12:51)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-01-23, 03:11)djhifi Wrote: [ -> ]Didnt post in a long time, what has changed for now being 2 versions? 3.5.2/4.1.1?

I think that this post can be of general help to understand the logic behind the twos!  Wink Please refer to the changelog in the first post to see what has been specifically added to current versions 3.5.2 and 4.1.1.

Cheers! 

Ok so, I name my shows according to Thetvdb not IMDB. Guess I will stick with v3.x.x ?
Is this something to be maintained for the future? v4 and v3? Specially Kodi19 ? Smile
(2020-01-28, 02:52)djhifi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-01-24, 12:51)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]

Cheers!   

Ok so, I name my shows according to Thetvdb not IMDB. Guess I will stick with v3.x.x ?
Is this something to be maintained for the future? v4 and v3? Specially Kodi19 ? Smile  
In your specific case, I would suggest to stay with v3.5.2. The plan is anyway to merge the two versions in one and have the possibility to choose the update method in the settings. Kodi 19 implies the passage to python 3...this is something I will have to deal with as well... Rolleyes
(2020-01-28, 16:52)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-01-28, 02:52)djhifi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-01-24, 12:51)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]I think that this post can be of general help to understand the logic behind the twos!  Wink Please refer to the changelog in the first post to see what has been specifically added to current versions 3.5.2 and 4.1.1.

Cheers!   

In your specific case, I would suggest to stay with v3.5.2. The plan is anyway to merge the two versions in one and have the possibility to choose the update method in the settings. Kodi 19 implies the passage to python 3...this is something I will have to deal with as well... Rolleyes 

Indeed, specially because as you remember I have Emby for KODI plugin. So yes, already on 3.5.2 and will assist on that merging whenever the time for KODI v19 comes (will be a pain Big Grin)

PS: there's a ""new"" option called: "set imdb ratings on default" its off. What should I do with it / what does it mean?
Hello @axlt2002

I added a couple of new shows to my library and tried using the addon and I noticed that no ratings or imdb Id's were being added to the library. I am using v3.5.2 on Kodi v18.5

It looks like there is an issue reading the TMDB ID. Instead of reading the episode ID, it reads the TV Show ID. So no ratings and votes are downloaded.

I also noticed that the IMDB ID was not being added to the database. My understanding was that if it cannot find the IMDB ID at TheMovieDB, it will look up TVDB for the ID. Is that still correct?

Log scraping a show that has no IMDB ID's at TheMovieDB. Line 1668... https://paste.kodi.tv/uyudoqiqas.kodi

Log scraping a show where IMDB ID's have been entered at TheMovieDB. Line 4032... https://paste.kodi.tv/nomuxuzofe.kodi
(2020-01-31, 20:02)djhifi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-01-28, 16:52)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-01-28, 02:52)djhifi Wrote: [ -> ]Ok so, I name my shows according to Thetvdb not IMDB. Guess I will stick with v3.x.x ?

Indeed, specially because as you remember I have Emby for KODI plugin. So yes, already on 3.5.2 and will assist on that merging whenever the time for KODI v19 comes (will be a pain Big Grin)

PS: there's a ""new"" option called: "set imdb ratings on default" its off. What should I do with it / what does it mean? 
If you would like to have displayed the IMDb rating on your skin, you should enable this option (some skins use it by default, others not).
(2020-02-01, 04:45)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]Hello @axlt2002

I added a couple of new shows to my library and tried using the addon and I noticed that no ratings or imdb Id's were being added to the library. I am using v3.5.2 on Kodi v18.5

It looks like there is an issue reading the TMDB ID. Instead of reading the episode ID, it reads the TV Show ID. So no ratings and votes are downloaded.

I also noticed that the IMDB ID was not being added to the database. My understanding was that if it cannot find the IMDB ID at TheMovieDB, it will look up TVDB for the ID. Is that still correct?

Log scraping a show that has no IMDB ID's at TheMovieDB. Line 1668... https://paste.kodi.tv/uyudoqiqas.kodi

Log scraping a show where IMDB ID's have been entered at TheMovieDB. Line 4032... https://paste.kodi.tv/nomuxuzofe.kodi
Thanks a lot @Karellen for spotting it out! I will give a look as soon as possible. Anyway it looks strange to me that this didn't happen already in the past...

Stay tuned!
(2020-02-01, 04:45)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]Hello @axlt2002

Hello @Karellen,

I had some time to investigate the issue you highlighted. I have recreated the same situation of your library in terms of available and missing IDs for the different episodes and the result is that all the ratings and votes have been update correctly (please see the log here starting from line 599). My guess is that, at the moment of the update, the IMDb IDs were not available on TheMovieDB site. Nevertheless, episodes 1 to 3 were correctly updated because the TVDB IDs were available while this was not true for episodes 4 to 10 (so it was just impossible to retrieve the IMDb IDs for such episodes). I saw that you added the IMDb and TVDB IDs on TheMovieDB site the 31/01 and reported the issue the 01/02...may be the site database was just not updated (usually it takes a while...) at the moment of running the add-on.
For your clarification, in the log file the TMDB IDs reported for the episodes are all the same and refers to the TV show itself just because TheMovieDB APIs uses the TV show ID and not the single episodes ones to retrieve the episodes information (so it was useful to me to display the TV show ID for debugging purposes).

So, I think there is no issue related to the add-on itself. Any additional comment on your side is more than welcome!

Have a great day!

Alex
Hi guys,

Version 4.2.1 has been just released. It brings back the possibility to choose the number of threads in the settings (based on the request from @zerocool_ie).

Enjoy!

Alex
Hi @axlt2002

Thanks for looking into it. I will monitor it the next time I scrape a new tv show Smile
@axlt2002

Ok, I figured out the issue.

The current version of TheMovieDB- TV Show scraper optionally scrapes IMDB ratings, but it does not scrape the IMDB ID.

If an IMDB rating already exists, the add-on will not add the IMDB UniqueID, so I need to then delete the IMDB ratings from the DB, run the add-on again and it adds both rating and unique id.

Any chance of forcing the unique id to be added in all cases? If not, I can disable the optional ratings from the scraper and use the addon instead.
(2020-02-08, 02:50)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]@axlt2002

Ok, I figured out the issue.

The current version of TheMovieDB- TV Show scraper optionally scrapes IMDB ratings, but it does not scrape the IMDB ID.

If an IMDB rating already exists, the add-on will not add the IMDB UniqueID, so I need to then delete the IMDB ratings from the DB, run the add-on again and it adds both rating and unique id.

Any chance of forcing the unique id to be added in all cases? If not, I can disable the optional ratings from the scraper and use the addon instead.
Thanks a lot @Karellen for further investigating. In fact, the test I did was without set to true the option to scrape the IMDb ratings in the TheMovieDB TV Show scraper, so I was not exactly reproducing your issue. I will do another test as soon as possible. So, just to better understand, the problem is that the ratings remain the same as the ones scraped when adding the TV show to the library without having them updated afterwards or is just that the IMDb ID is not saved?

Have a great day!

- Update -

I have tried to add the same TV show enabling the IMDb ratings in the TheMovieDB TV Show scraper as well (keeping TheMovieDB ratings as the default one). After the TV show has been added, I have opened the context menu of episode 10, and all the information are reported correctly (i.e. IMDb rating, IMDb ID, TVDB ID and TMDB ID); so it seems that the IMDb ID is correctly added by the TheMovieDB TV Show scraper. In addition to that, as expected, if I go in the episode info page, the rating that is displayed is TheMovieDB one. So, I'm really missing your issue...can you clarify a bit more? Thanks.

- Update 2 -

Which version of  TheMovieDB TV Show scraper are you using?
Ignore me. I must have done something wrong (no idea what, though) because now it is all working as expected.

Thanks Smile
(2020-02-11, 07:40)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]Ignore me. I must have done something wrong (no idea what, though) because now it is all working as expected.

Thanks Smile
No problem at all @Karellen! Your effort is always appreciated!