Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Light IMDb Ratings Update 5.1.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys!

Versions 3.5.4 and 4.2.2 have been just released to change the domain from akas.imdb.com to www.imdb.com (thanks to @bumblebebear for spotting it out).

Happy Easter to you and your families! Hope you are doing well despite the difficult time we are having...

Alex
(2020-04-12, 16:44)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys!

Versions 3.5.4 and 4.2.2 have been just released to change the domain from akas.imdb.com to www.imdb.com (thanks to @bumblebebear for spotting it out).

Happy Easter to you and your families! Hope you are doing well despite the difficult time we are having...

Alex
4.2.2 Version is working for me now. 
just wondering... after it searches and updates the rating goes back to the update popup and it confuses me as i think it didn't do the update. Not sure if that is an error or is just me
(2020-04-13, 12:28)enrique131 Wrote: [ -> ]

Alex
just wondering... after it searches and updates the rating goes back to the update popup and it confuses me as i think it didn't do the update. Not sure if that is an error or is just me 
I think is just you!  Wink  Indeed opening again the popup really helps to check if the rating has been updated or not...  Nod
(2020-04-13, 15:50)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-13, 12:28)enrique131 Wrote: [ -> ]

Alex
I think is just you!  Wink  Indeed opening again the popup really helps to check if the rating has been updated or not...  Nod 
It makes sense Wink But maybe the popup should have a close button instead of cancel? that could be the reason i find it confusing. 
 I can live with it now that i know the reason it pops up anyway. Thanks
Hi and thanks for this addon script axlt2002.

I am having some slight trouble with the scheduling however. Once the script is executed at scheduled it runs as expected but when complete it then starts again after a few moments! I'm running the script on CoreElec on a Minix Neo U1. The script does encounter errors with matching some obscure titles I have in my database and does not restart until I click OK to acknowledge these in the UI. However there seems to be no way to stop it from starting again other than going to Addons, disabling it and then restarting Kodi.

Inside update.log I see:
Quote: 
13:22:45 - Scheduled ratings update for TV shows finished

Next scheduled update: 2020-04-21 at 02:45

13:24:43 - Scheduled ratings update for movies started (NumberOfThreads: 8)

Inside kodi.log I see:
Quote:2020-04-14 02:45:01.160 T:3084764032 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(47): Script invoked without an addon. Adding all addon modules installed to python path as fallback. This behaviour will be removed in future version.
2020-04-14 09:30:25.683 T:3084764032 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(64): Script invoked without an addon. Adding all addon modules installed to python path as fallback. This behaviour will be removed in future version.
2020-04-14 13:24:32.224 T:2933273472 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(75): Script invoked without an addon. Adding all addon modules installed to python path as fallback. This behaviour will be removed in future version.
Hi axlt2002,

4.2.2. works fine again on my Shield. Thank you so much for your work and the fast updates.

Greetz
Cgi
(2020-04-14, 11:10)enrique131 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-13, 15:50)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-13, 12:28)enrique131 Wrote: [ -> ]4.2.2 Version is working for me now. 
It makes sense Wink But maybe the popup should have a close button instead of cancel? that could be the reason i find it confusing. 
 I can live with it now that i know the reason it pops up anyway. Thanks 
Yup, "close" instead of "cancel" makes sense. I put a note in my to do list...  Nerd
(2020-04-14, 15:00)__db Wrote: [ -> ]Hi and thanks for this addon script axlt2002.

I am having some slight trouble with the scheduling however. Once the script is executed at scheduled it runs as expected but when complete it then starts again after a few moments! I'm running the script on CoreElec on a Minix Neo U1. The script does encounter errors with matching some obscure titles I have in my database and does not restart until I click OK to acknowledge these in the UI. However there seems to be no way to stop it from starting again other than going to Addons, disabling it and then restarting Kodi.

Inside update.log I see:
Quote:13:22:45 - Scheduled ratings update for TV shows finished

Inside kodi.log I see:
Quote:2020-04-14 02:45:01.160 T:3084764032 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(47): Script invoked without an addon. Adding all addon modules installed to python path as fallback. This behaviour will be removed in future version.
2020-04-14 09:30:25.683 T:3084764032 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(64): Script invoked without an addon. Adding all addon modules installed to python path as fallback. This behaviour will be removed in future version.
2020-04-14 13:24:32.224 T:2933273472 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(75): Script invoked without an addon. Adding all addon modules installed to python path as fallback. This behaviour will be removed in future version.
Hi @__db , thanks for your post.

Unfortunately the debug log you provided doesn't help me so much. Please try it again having enabled the logging in Kodi... Anyway, I see difficult to solve the issue since I can not reply the bug properly on my machine. Is that something that just suddenly started to happen?

Cheers!
(2020-04-14, 18:08)cgi2011 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi axlt2002,

4.2.2. works fine again on my Shield. Thank you so much for your work and the fast updates.

Greetz
Cgi
Hi @cgi2011 , thanks to you and all the guys that find my work useful!  Nod
(2020-04-02, 23:55)HeresJohnny Wrote: [ -> ]Got a request!

You know how there are two rating fields, RATING and MYRATING. RATING is used for third party ratings / movies and MYRATING is coming from tags and or user ratings and is mainly used in music. Now, it would great if you could add an option to write the ratings updates to the MYRATING field instead of RATING. That would finally get rid of the problem that users need a skin to switch between ratings models depending on the kind of media they prefer. And, since it would be optional and probably not activated by default, it wouldn't break anything.

Pretty please?

Since you made no mention of my post you probably overlooked it. Thanks for considering it!
Is this add-on python 3-compatible by any chance?
(2020-04-14, 23:20)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-14, 15:00)__db Wrote: [ -> ]Hi and thanks for this addon script axlt2002.

Inside update.log I see:
Quote:13:22:45 - Scheduled ratings update for TV shows finished

Inside kodi.log I see:

Unfortunately the debug log you provided doesn't help me so much. Please try it again having enabled the logging in Kodi... Anyway, I see difficult to solve the issue since I can not reply the bug properly on my machine. Is that something that just suddenly started to happen?

Cheers!  

I've tried to recreate this issue this morning and have the kodi log. Unfortunately due to the size of the log I've only been able to paste it by truncating it. Hopefully this contains enough to show you what is going on. xayaxuxodi.kodi (paste)

I scheduled the script to run at 05:30 this morning. I enabled debug logging 10 minutes before and rebooted to start a fresh log. The script ran OK as scheduled and when I returned to the box and pressed OK at the prompt telling me that there were some errors (which are down to matching IMDb IDs in the update.log) the script started running again a few moments later. This repeated 3 times before I disabled it again, turned debugging logging off and rebooted to stop it.

The full kodi.log is around 2MB in size - if you need it, let me know how I can get it to you as the paste services tell me it's too long/big.
(2020-04-15, 00:33)HeresJohnny Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-02, 23:55)HeresJohnny Wrote: [ -> ]Got a request!

You know how there are two rating fields, RATING and MYRATING. RATING is used for third party ratings / movies and MYRATING is coming from tags and or user ratings and is mainly used in music. Now, it would great if you could add an option to write the ratings updates to the MYRATING field instead of RATING. That would finally get rid of the problem that users need a skin to switch between ratings models depending on the kind of media they prefer. And, since it would be optional and probably not activated by default, it wouldn't break anything.

Pretty please?

Since you made no mention of my post you probably overlooked it. Thanks for considering it! 
Hi @HeresJohnny , I'm sorry to have overlooked at your post!  Oo

Well, even if understand your point of view, the request is really going in the direction of "hacking" the library parameters used by Kodi; in general, I really prefer to stick with the "roles" that said parameters have. Maybe you could instead ask for a new feature to the Kodi developers in that sense.

Hope I haven't disappointed you with this answer...  Angel
(2020-04-16, 05:01)Cinephile Wrote: [ -> ]Is this add-on python 3-compatible by any chance?
Hi @Cinephile , at the moment there is no work in that direction since my free time is reduced at the minimum and my priority will be to merge the two current versions into one. Once Matrix will be in a more mature phase, of course I will make Light IMDb Ratings Update compatible with Python 3.

Have a great day!
(2020-04-16, 13:07)__db Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-14, 23:20)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]

Inside update.log I see:

Inside kodi.log I see:

Cheers!   

I've tried to recreate this issue this morning and have the kodi log. Unfortunately due to the size of the log I've only been able to paste it by truncating it. Hopefully this contains enough to show you what is going on. xayaxuxodi.kodi (paste)

I scheduled the script to run at 05:30 this morning. I enabled debug logging 10 minutes before and rebooted to start a fresh log. The script ran OK as scheduled and when I returned to the box and pressed OK at the prompt telling me that there were some errors (which are down to matching IMDb IDs in the update.log) the script started running again a few moments later. This repeated 3 times before I disabled it again, turned debugging logging off and rebooted to stop it.

The full kodi.log is around 2MB in size - if you need it, let me know how I can get it to you as the paste services tell me it's too long/big. 
Hi @__db , thanks a lot for providing the log. Would you be so kind to send me also the add-on log you can find under userdata\addon_data?

I will try to figure out what is going on...even if it will be difficult...

Cheers!